Chapter 2

That day, Aster Potter was sentenced to the cupboard until spring break. No meals. Harry tried to help him, of course: Him being the noble kid that he was, but it didn't do anything. Not with the horrific Dursleys. 

       Aster lay on his mess of blankets and pillows that passed for a bed, and stared up at the ceiling. He was in his head again; the safest place to go. In there, he could play pretend like none of this ever happened to him, that his parents were alive, that he and Harry hadn't missed a meal in their lives, or been locked up in a cupboard. He didn't know his parents' names, though, so he made them up. He called them 'Lily and James.' It suited them, he thought: or at least the ideal version of them he'd made up. 

       But then a knock sounded, and Aster woke up. He hoped that it wasn't the Dursleys, he knew better to open the door to them. "Aster? It's me." Harry's voice echoed through his door. Now that was able to get his attention, and Aster opened the door by way of a Bobby pin that was lying on the floor. How useful it was for Aunt Petunia to be so careless. She had no idea (or so he thought) that her nephews had been using them to escape their cupboards. He twisted the pin in the padlock, and it opened with a sharp click.

      Harry was kneeling in front of him, his unruly dark hair hanging over his round glasses and nearly obscuring his sharp green eyes, which darted around the cupboard. "I-I brought food..." he stammered. Aster smiled. "Thanks."

     He grinned. "Nah. It's fine-you'd do the same for me." Aster nearly laughed, before remembering where they were. The Dursleys-well, at least uncle Vernon-hated laughter, and all things imaginable. Aster seriously doubted he was even human. But he could understand Dudley, at least...they didn't like each other, but the Dursleys were just as bad to Dudley as him or Harry. They had Dudley eat all the food that was on the table-even if it made him sick. 

           He was shot back to reality when the door to the kitchen banged open. "Shit." 

So, how was that for a second chapter? I'm working on a timeline rn. If anyone has any ideas, please comment! I'm really glad for all the attention that this has gotten.