chapter 1

Ahmad pov:

"Look at me", I didn't need anyone to tell me that she already figured it out after all I have known her as a very smart one. It still surprises me that it took her this long to figure it out.

"I said look at me" she said dangerously slow with an edge in her voice.

I slowly raised my head to look at her. The shame I felt again after looking at her was just too much. I didn't need anyone to tell me that I messed up after all I knew what I was getting myself into just that I didn't prepare for this situation.

I heard retreating footsteps and I knew that she just left. It doesn't take a genius to know that I just ruined a part of her.

I don't want to put this on my parents however, who am I to blame?

I should have acted like a man, I should have tried harder, I shouldn't have taken the easy route and I should have thought about her life. I just shouldn't have being selfish.

I slowly rose from the chair I was sitting and headed upstairs. I  stopped and glanced at the entrance door. Should I follow her? what am I going to say to her? And how do I explain to her?

I dragged my feet to my room with thoughts filled head.

Closing the door to my room, I quickly dialed my best friend faruk. "She found out" was the first thing I said the moment he picked the call. I heard him take in a sharp breath . There was a slight pause before he started talking.

"You knew this day would come" he said from the other end.
"Yes and I don't need a reminder from you. Just what can I do to fix this situation? How do I even handle this". There was a slight pause before he replied

"The same way you did from the beginning. I warned you didn't i? What made you think that you can do as you please? You knew what the  consequences of your actions would be and you knew who would get hurt between the both of you. You have ruined a part of her Ahmad and you also know what is coming next". "She doesn't deserve this and you know it" he said. A click from his end made me to realize that he hung up.

I know her better than anyone to know that am denying the inevitable. I know she can sacrifice a lot for my sake but I also know that I went too far this time. This, she won't accept.

Lost in my train of thought through out the night, I kept on wondering if I should put a stop to this whole charade before it gets too far but who am I kidding is already too far and there is no going back or so I thought.

The next morning was a beautiful one but I couldn't help but feel unsettled. The feeling in the pit of my stomach is making me uneasy or is it just me been paranoid about my conversation with faruk?

I quickly performed ablution and headed to the masjid for fajr prayer. Staying a bit in the masjid and coming to a conclusion about my current situation, I headed home with much conviction from my subconscious.

I am just going to tell my parents the truth. I can't ruin her life without knowing my true feelings for her and I also can't use her feelings for my own selfish interest. But, I was soooo wrong!.

Assalamualaikum, I greeted the moment I set foot into the living room. I sat on the carpet close to my father and greeted my parents. Morning ango they both replied.

I quickly swallowed a thick lump. I know I am about to break their hearts but I just have to do this for her. This is for the best I thought to myself.

"I can't continue with the wedding"

A sudden silence filled the living room and I didn't need to look at them to see their reaction to my statement.

"What do you mean you can't continue with the wedding and why" asked my father

"I don't love her and...."

"You must be very stupid to say that. After all the preparations. What do you mean by you don't love her? Who do you think you are deceiving? Do we look like children to you or does marriage looks like a joke? Now let me tell you, if you don't love her then you will learn to" says my mother.

I was expecting this afterall I had confronted her with this conversation two days ago but she turned it down.

I watched as my mother headed towards her room in anger.

This is not what I want my parents to go through but I just have to cancel the wedding for her peace of mind.

"You are still in love with Nafisa?"

I quickly looked at my dad. I understand that they do not like Nafisa which is the reason i am in this current situation.

"Do you not love maryam?" Or you feel she's not good enough?"

Do I love her? This question is a puzzle I can't seem to complete for the past few months.

"This wedding will hold if Allah wills" I watch with pained heart as my father left the living room.

What is so difficult to understand? I don't want to ruin her. Can't they see?

I headed to my room and got ready for my morning exercise. I will call Maryam when am done. Only if I knew what was coming!

Oh how about I introduce myself!

I am Ahmad Mahmud Muhammad, son to Alhaji Mahmud Muhammad (a politician and a business tycoon)and Hajiya Zainab.

If you're wondering what is going on then let me give you a glimpse. This is about my marriage to my friend or is she just a friend?

😥 I know you're all wondering what is going on but all mysteries will be sorted out with time.

First chapter down💃 hope y'all enjoyed it. Let me know what you think about the first chapter in the comment section 😃.

Also, please don't forget to like and comment 😊