Chapter 7

Caliban and I teleport to Harvey's garage, and there we find Nick Harvey, Roz, Theo, and Robin panicking in the back of the room. Outside are a group of pagans heading toward us to kidnap them.

"I sealed off the area with a spell, but it's only a matter of time before they bust down the doors," Nick informs us when he sees we're arrived.

"Alright, Caliban is going to teleport us to my house, and then the two of us have a pagan god to destroy." I say. Before we got here, the two of us got the coven back from Hell and to there. Aunt Zelda had already fully recovered and also hopefully managed to resurrect Aunt Hilda. While we were there we managed to come up with a plan.

After a nod from me, the demon transports us to the mortuary, and then just the two of us to the carnival. Once we're outside I fill him in. "I told Ambrose and the others to perform a sleeping spell on the town before. Now the pagans still need a virgin sacrifice in order to resurrect the Green Man, so we're going to give them one."

I can hear Circe and Pan bickering about the lack of attendance inside before I even open the tent's entrance. "No. Something is wrong. I can feel it," Pan argues as I enter. "We do not even have a virgin to sacrifice."

"Yes, you do," I interject, disguised as the hobgoblin. I push what looks like my history teacher onto the ground, and Caliban does well at playing the part, gasping and sobbing as he lands. "One of the original three."

"Robin Goodfellow," Pan states as he steps towards me. "You betrayed us."

"Wasn't it my mission to infiltrate the school? And find us a virgin?" Then I decide to go for a slightly more manipulative approach. "Doesn't she please you, Father? Or... should we keep the Green Man waiting?"

The pagan man steps towards me, and then smiles before making an extravagant gesture with his hat and exclaiming, "Not one minute more!" Pan then places a firm hand on my shoulder and continues, "Let us begin."

Quickly, we head outside to a fifty-foot tall man shaped tree. On the torso area is a large hole, where they place what they think is Ms. Wardwell. In front of the tree-man are the pagans, most of which are kneeling, but all of whom are eating something that resembles a dragon fruit. The leader is speaking to the group as I stand off to the side, anxiously awaiting what comes next. They all then start chanting, and I pretend to join in.

"Neallta fola.

Siuil linn a duine uaine.

Neallta fola.

Siuil linn a duine uaine."

They continue to chant as Caliban starts to beg. "Stop! You heathens, stop! It is the Lord that has laid waste to your fields. It is he who has made them bare!"

Then Pan begins to sing, "This virgin's blood is your bounty. Her virgin's flesh for your seed." And continues shouting, "Arise, Green One. Arise and take back the Earth."

The hole in the tree begins to close up, vines and branches entangling around Caliban's disguised body. He begins to scream and the hole finishes covering him up, blood seeping through. But then it catches fire, the flames turning the wood to ash.

The pagans' chanting dies down and they all look around at each other as they start to panic. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't completely enjoying the looks on their faces. Caliban pries his way out of the mess he was surrounded by and Circe turns to me.

"Who did you bring us, Robin?"

"That's Caliban," I say as I walk forwards, returning back to myself. "Prince of Hell. he's good with fire and burning."

"You and your devilment," Pan says to me before yelling. "What have you done?"

"I killed your pathetic plant god," I bite back. "Now I think it's time you and your carnival left Greendale." From behind me appear everyone, the coven, my friends, and Nick.

 Pan seems to get the point and starts shouting to the other pagans. "Retreat, my brothers and sisters. Greendale is poisoned. We will go and start again."

They begin to run away but Auntie Zee shouts, "Coven, do not stop until every last pagan is driven from our home." Everyone chases after them, determined to protect ourselves and each other.

After a few moments I look around and find only Caliban left standing here. "Hey," he turns to me. "Not to rush you, but we should probably bring back Judas' silver if we don't want to get berated by everyone."

"Right," I sigh. "Let's go."