~chapter 16~ shaky foundation

Chloe's POV (November 14th)
The other day, we woke up, still in Argentina, and Travis was no where to be found. He was supposed to fly out that morning, so it made sense that he was gone, but he didn't even tell us goodbye. That hurt my mom. She was confused, and so upset. She blamed it on herself, she didn't know what she did, but she expected it to be her fault. He also didn't text her at all those 2 days. We're back in New York today, but my mom is too upset to do anything. Why is this man ignoring her? I thought he was a good guy, a good dad, but I guess I was wrong. He puts a ring on my moms finger than ignores her?

Before I could think of anything else, none other than, Travis himself, walks into our New York apartment. "Where's your mom?" He asks me. I glare at him then back at the TV, "Probably... no not probably, definitely, in bed crying because the man that is supposed to be her fiancé, the love of her life, left and traveled 5,500+ miles, without telling her goodbye. AND THEN, didn't text her for a whole 2 days after that."

Travis sighs and looks at me, "Stress isn't good for the baby." I roll my eyes, "You are the one that caused it idiot! Why do you suddenly care now?" He looks at me, "Chloe you do not talk to me like that!" I laugh, "You don't get to tell me what I can or can't do. You left us in Argentina without saying goodbye."

Travis looks at me, "Chloe I know you are upset, but that doesn't mean you get to talk to me however you please. You still have to have some sort of respect for me." I look at him, "You aren't my dad Travis, you are just my moms fiancé. And right now, I honestly don't even know if you're that! You fucked up! And we owe you nothing." Travis swallows, "Chloe, I know I betrayed your trust baby girl, but you still need to watch your language." I roll my eyes.

I see my mom coming down the stairs. She's in one of Travis's baggy tee shirts, her hair has been unbrushed since yesterday, and her eyes are all puffy and red. "Squirt are you hungry?" She asks me softly, rubbing her eyes. She looks up to see Travis, and immediately stops in her tracks. She puts one hand on her belly, and the other over her face. She sobs for a few moments before wiping her tears away and punching him in the face. Travis just stands there and takes it.

"What the hell did I do to deserve that?" She asks him. Silence. She continues, "What the hell did I do for you to leave, without saying goodbye, and then ghost me for 2 days!" He shakes his head, "You did nothing Taylor, you are perfect." She laughs, "Right, Great explanation! You made me realize so much! A+ buddy, A+!" He grabs her hands, she backs away. "Don't you dare touch me." They are broken. Our happy little family is broken. What's next, the baby is gonna be broken?

"I didn't leave you in Argentina. Okay technically I did. But I didn't leave without saying goodbye because I wanted to. Trust me Taylor, I wanted to wake you up and kiss you deeply. But I couldn't, one of your security guys kicked me out and told me to stay away from their girlfriend." Taylor laughs, "Like I'm supposed to believe any of that."

He sighs, "Tay.." She shakes her head, "Even if that were true, why did you ignore my texts for 2 days?" He looks at her, "Baby, you really think I chose to ignore your texts for 2 days? I could never do that to you." She sobs, "Then why did you Travis!? Why did you leave Argentina?! And Ignore your fiancé! YOUR PREGNANT FIANCÉ! For 2 days! Tell me."

"My texts aren't sending baby!" He says showing me on his phone. His very, messed up, phone. "What happened to your phone?" I ask him. "The security guy threw it out the hotel window," he says. "My security guy?" She asks. "Same one that kicked me out of your hotel room and told me to stay 100 ft away from you at all times." She shakes her head, "Why didn't you contact me on someone else's phone?" He takes my moms phone and goes to her Instagram, "I did, but they all went to your requests and you didn't accept them." My mom just shakes her head, I think she's debating on whether or not she can believe him.