Introduction

Willow was running so fast that she couldn't even hear herself think, all she knew was that she had to get the blood off of her hands. As she was nearing closer to her tower, she started reciting her incantation, hoping that she was far enough ahead that she wouldn't be caught. As soon as the tower was in front of her, she almost flew inside, shouting her concealment spell in utter desperation.

As she frantically washed the blood from her hands, Willow started to panic. Had the CCTV camera actually been on? But she had checked seven times and it had definitely been broken, she was almost sure of it.

To the untrained eye it could be seen as premeditated, but in reality, it was just pure coincidence. They had it coming from the first batch of snickers to the very last punch. They all had a part to play in getting to this point, but that last beating was more than enough for Willow to show what she was made of.

There had never been a time when she needed her mum more than now. She went to lift her mobile to call when it hit her, she was gone and never coming back. Willow finally allowed herself to cry, a whole year's worth of tears, becoming the most vulnerable she had ever been and there was nobody around to witness it. Nobody cared because she had nobody left. Her parents were gone, her friends were on the other side of the world and hadn't even messaged or called her since that night, and she had no other family.