Chapter 50

Music Playing: Higanbana by Yasuharu Takanashi

I had another dream with Dad in it but it was different because I seemed to be awake during the good much of it. My eyes were barely opened but I saw him, standing right next to the bed I was sleeping in. He looked mostly the same as I remembered him and he was glowing. I asked if it was him and I tried to get up but he laid me back down, tucking me in.

I felt littler than what I was, especially when he was ruffling my hair. I couldn't really make out what he said but I knew he was telling me to be good and that he loved me. As only I could, I asked him if he'd stay with me this time but then he started to look so sad. I knew, right then and there, that he couldn't but he was with me for a little bit. He told me something about how I had to stay but he would "take Sis home".

I felt tears coming and I remembered Mom saying something about letting go.

Dad was already gone and Sis was still really sick. Mom said she was fighting but, going by what I heard Dad say, Sis was dying. I asked him that was the case and he told me he didn't really know, rather, he didn't really when she had to go. However, he did tell me that, when its her time, he was going to come and take her to where he was. For a moment, I felt like asking, "Why don't you take me?" but I couldn't.

He was there until my eyes closed and while I started to hear loud beeps.

AN: Initially, this chapter was supposed to be named (like the others) but, however, I felt it would be more effective if I didn't.-Amoridere