The Same Hospital Where Sis Was

When I got strong enough and needed a lot less tubes, I was sent to the hospital in the same neighborhood as the Home, the same place where Sis was. Nui and Iori barely left me and spent more time in my room than anywhere or anyone else. We were cozy and fine, just the three off us but I still missed Sis and I wondered where Mom was. Sugi made an effort to visit, along did my social worker, but, one time, they both came and said I could ask them whatever questions I had.

I had questions but I stayed quiet, so Iori stepped up and asked them for me, his first question being 'bout Sis and what happened to her. The old fat lady looked at us and asked, "Satsuki Kiryuuin...?" Iori gave her a funny look and repeated what he asked the first time.

"Oh, alright, well, that's hard to say."

"Then say it, Ryuuko's suffered enough."

"Well, that's something for only Ryuuko to hear."

"You'll make things worse if you make us leave."

He wouldn't budge, not even an inch, even when I saw Nui trying to pull him away and saying something about doing what she said. It was really quiet for a little while before Sugi just said, "Well, she's really had no one to cling to, so, if you're going to break the news, you may as well do it with the Shiro and Nui here in the room."

Dropping whatever she was holding, the social worker threw her hands up and said, "Fine. Look, because of your sister's illnesses, she was transferred to a special care facility until she completely recovers, however,..." Iori waved his hand and said, "Alright, you bitch, out with it."

"However, there's no guarantee that she'll make it, as her health took a drastic turn not long after Ryuuko's visit and it got worse when she saw the reports on TV in the recreation room."

Right after that, Sugi stepped in and said, "Now, now, we did reassure her that you're alright, so she's made some improvement but not a lot."

In the littlest voice I had, I asked if I'd be allowed to see her. Sugi was really nice about but he told me, "I'm sorry, Princess, we can't be too sure of that."

Before they left, he cracked a smile and said, "In happier news, social services got a call from your mother."