Chapter 3 - The Judas Within

Upon reaching the outside of Atacama's Kingdom, they entered using the secret passageways.

This is a sneak-out route which James took when he was younger. He would sneak out in the middle of a study session with Young Lord Winston.

They continued their walk, and Iris accidentally activated a trap that sent her elsewhere in the kingdom.

"AHHH, help me," Iris shouted, reaching her hand out. This happened so fast that James didn't have time to react.

"Stay where you are, I'll come get you!" James shouted, hoping Iris could hear.

Iris found herself what seemingly looks like the bedroom of a King.

"Who are you? Beautiful lady and what are you doing here?" A mysterious graceful man that goes by the name of Lord Winston appeared.

He had silver-grey long hair, violet sparkling eyes, and he wore wing-like accessories in his hair.

"I'm Iris..." Iris replied with a worried tone.

"Oh, what a beautiful name you have," Lord Winston replied as he reached his hand out to touch her cheek.

As he leaned closer, his guard struck her head from behind, causing Iris to fall into an unconscious state.

When she finally gained back her consciousness, she found herself chained up in a king's bedroom. She shouted for help and shook the chains in anger.

Lord Winston appeared and stroked her hair gently. His face was so close that Iris could feel the warmth of his breath.

He grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips. Iris was stunned and moved away from him.

"What did you just do to me and how could you steal my first kiss." Iris shouted in anger.

"I am your monster..." Lord Winston replied seductively.

Just then, James appeared from behind and pushed Lord Winston forcefully.

"How dare you! Let her go right now! You were my best friend; how could you do such despicable things to me!

Do you not remember our childhood together? My dad even treats you like his own son." James shouted.

"Best friend? Own son? You excel at everything, and everyone adores you. What about me? Whenever I accomplished something, all I received was criticism," Lord Winston replied with a serious tone.

James, with a mix of disappointment and empathy in his eyes, responded with, "Winston, I never meant for you to feel that way. But resorting to betrayal and harming others is never the solution."

"I challenge you to a battle. If you win, I will return the throne." Lord Winston said, knowing James's weakness.

"I accept your challenge!" James replied with unwavering determination.

The clash of swords echoed through the room as the two former friends faced each other in a battle that would determine the fate of the kingdom.

Their swordplay unfolded with a mix of skill, anger, and the weight of their shared history. Each parry and thrust told a story of the friendship that had soured into betrayal.

Lord Winston, unable to accept his defeat, gripped his sword with the intent to pierce his own heart.

James rushed forward to stop him, but Lord Winston forcefully pushed him away.

"Why are you doing this?" James cried, unable to let his best friend of many years leave his sight, despite his wrongdoings.

Lord Winston's head lay on James's thighs as he knelt on the ground.

"I'm sorry for everything. I am not fit to be your best friend. This is my karma now.

The next time we meet, I'll be a better person.

Sometimes, villains aren't born; they are made from sadness.

I'm sorry..." Lord Winston replied as he slowly closed his eyes.

The heavy weight of regret hung in the air, leaving James's grappling with the complex emotions of loss and redemption.

James cried while he holds Lord Winston's face gently. His tears falling onto his closed eyes.

Together, James and Iris paid their respects at Lord Winston's funeral.

Iris looked over to James, seeing his emotional state. She sighed, sensing the weight of sadness that hung in the air.

Iris approached James in a comforting embrace, placing her arms around his waist.

His arms instinctively wrapped around her, reciprocating the hug.

In the quiet aftermath of the funeral, James and Iris walked away as they carry a burden of memories and reflections on the choices made.

The path forward was uncertain, but they faced it together, finding unexpected bonds they had formed throughout the trials of the Atacama Desert.

--End of Chapter 3--

Pictured used here-  https://pin.it/1ibVYQk