Chapter 4 - Smiles in the Rain

Helicopter sounds were heard from a distance, the two followed and sees the rescue team and Iris's parents here in Atacama Desert.

Iris thought that she should be feeling happy that the rescue team and her parents is here to take her home.

But a part of her does not want to.

She had to study, do assignments and take classes. Find a job in the future. Iris just doesn't want to continue with this process anymore.

Staying in Atacama's Desert with James is what she wanted to do forever.

Finally found her own happiness and the love of her life. Life in Atacama Desert is totally the opposite compared to back in her own hometown, Maplewood Town.

"We saw Iris through a portal, and we entered from it. The unknown portal will close anytime soon. We must hurry up." The rescue team said.

Iris's dad and mom checked on their daughter, to see her well-being for the past few days.

"Come dear, return to Maplewood Town with us." Iris's mom said.

"I don't know...I like being here. The fact that I have to leave this place makes me sad." Iris replied.

"What are you talking about?" Iris's dad replied.

Iris unable to control her tears, she ran far away.

James ran after her and stopped her in her tracks.

"Don't worry about Atacama's Desert, everything will be alright. I am grateful for your help and bravery! Feel free to return home." James replied with a gentle smile.

"No! But I don't want to go back. I hate studying, I hate exams and, I hate getting called out by teachers all the time. I have no friends. I don't want to see my anyone in Maplewood Town anymore." Iris exclaimed with frustration. 

"Most importantly, I don't want to leave your side!" Iris added with a serious tone. 

James kissed Iris, and her face flushed in response to the gesture.

"In my darkness, you are the light; without you, I am lost in my tracks." James added.

Her parents stared and overheard what they said as they approached her from behind. They understood the pain that Iris had always gone through back in school.

They gave her a big hug for comfort.

"I guess this is the time for us to say goodbye, darling," Iris's mom said.

Iris looked at her mom in shock.

"Promise me that you will be loyal and take good care of my daughter forever for me." Iris's dad response to James.

"I will! I promise." James replied.

--End of Chapter 4-- 

Picture used here-   https://pin.it/6DItiro