𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

Chapter Four: The Truth

♡︎♡︎•𖦹𖦹𖦹•♡︎♡︎

Master manipulator

God, you're so good at what you do

𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 had next to him, rang, shocking him, Adam, and Athena

𝐒𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 had next to him, rang, shocking him, Adam, and Athena. Lawrence glanced to the two on the other side of the room before picking up the phone, flipping it open. He pushed a button on the cellphone before bringing the phone to his right ear.

"Who is this?" The man asked, not expecting the voice that responded.

"Daddy?"

"Diana?"

"Daddy, is that you?"

"Yeah, baby, it's me. I'm here."

"I-I'm scared, Daddy."

"Don't worry, honey. Everything's going to be okay. Where's mommy?"

"She's here with me." Diana spoke through her sobs while Adam and Athena glanced at one another, confused and concerned.

"Let me talk to her, sweetie. Okay? Put mommy on."

"The bad man from my room is here. He has us tied up..." Lawrence slid down the wall to the floor just as Diana continued. "And he has a gun."

"Wh–what man?"

"Please come home, daddy."

"Hello?" Lawrence called out, hoping for an answer from the other line. "Hello? Diana? Diana? Diana!"

"Larry." Lawrence's wife, Alison spoke as the cellphone was pressed to her ear.

"Ali? Is that you?"

"Are Adam and Athena there?"

"What—How do you know...?" Lawrence trailed off, not finishing his question leaving Adam and Athena confused. "Ali...What is going on?"

"Don't believe Adam's lies. He knows you. He knew all about you before today. Tell Athena not to trust him. H-He knows her too."

Alison's words confused Lawrence to no end. Did Adam know him? And more importantly, did Adam know Athena?

"Hello? Ali? Ali? Hello!" Lawrence called out, hoping for an answer, unaware that the light had gone dead. "Goddamn you! If you so much as lay a finger on them, I'll kill you. You hear me, you son of a bitch?! I'll kill you!" He soon fell to the ground, hitting the tile floor with a fist making Athena flinch slightly as she covered her mouth with her hand.

"Are they okay?" Adam asked, genuinely worried as he watched the man break down.

"My wife, she er...She mentioned your name." Lawrence said, slowly looking up, not daring to glance at them.