𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄

Chapter One: Trouble

︎♡︎♡︎•𖦹𖦹𖦹•♡︎♡︎

Right when I felt the moment stop

Glass shattered on the white cloth

𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 halls of the juvenile detention center

𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 halls of the juvenile detention center. Just half an hour earlier, she had gotten a call from Daniel Matthews, a kid she tutored and grew close to, almost being an older sister figure for the boy.

"Excuse me?" She said, walking into the main office.

"How can I help you?" The man at the desk asked.

"I'm looking for Daniel Matthews." The man nodded, picking up a clipboard, handing it to the woman.

"Sign these, please." The redhead nodded, signing them quickly before she got to see Daniel.

"Thanks." She said, smiling at the man who had helped her. "Hi, kid."

"Hi, Thena." Daniel said, grabbing his jacket and standing up.

"Y'know, when I told you that you could call me whenever you were in trouble. I didn't think you were gonna call me every few days." Athena scolded, shaking her head. They started to walk out of the building side by side.

"I'm sorry, Thena. But they were assholes!"

"Obviously, you stole from them! Kid, when are you going to learn that being rebellious has its limits, being a criminal is what you're starting to border on." The woman then stopped walking, making him stop as well, confused. "I know you're not liking your life right now, but your dad is a cop. And sooner or later, they're gonna stop calling me and start calling him."

"I get it. I'm really sorry." Daniel said, looking down, causing Athena to feel bad.

"Kid, it's fine. Let's just hope your dad doesn't catch wind of–" She was cut off by shouting.

"Daniel! Daniel!" Eric Matthews exclaimed, running up to them. Athena sighed, biting her cheek as Daniel looked down once again. Once the man caught up to them, he glanced at Athena first. "Hello, Athena."

"Hi, Detective."

"I'll take him from here, thanks, Ms. Cross."

"No problem. See ya, kid." She gave the boy a side hug before walking towards her car. She started to drive towards her and Adam's apartment. Once she was home, she unlocked the front door to her apartment, walking into the empty place.

Adam had gotten a job as photographer while Athena continued to work as a waitress while she got her masters degree in Criminology. They had been laying low since they got out of their first trap, since Athena's questioning with the police.