Chapter 2-2

July 25th, 2033
2:30 PM

After hours of dealing with a slew of obnoxious Karens, Peppino'd decided to take an early break. He turned on the TV to NBC then walked off to take a second hot shower. The staticy sound of the news reporter was fully audible through the bathrooms thin walls as he stepped inside the shower. It was small, so much so its walls could be felt around his whole frame, and its curtains were just worn out scraps halfhazardly sewn together. He soon stepped out and was about to put his clothes on when a few words caught him off guard.

"In other news, member of well known Armenian metal band Shavo Odadjian..."

He paused as his thoughts from yesterday raced back to him. He knew what this was about and froze.

"...his fans on Twit2 last night that he's planning on filing a lawsuit against CNN for alleged defamation."

Peppino ran to his room and saw an image of a Twit2 thread made on the screen.

@shvoodadjian
Sup, bros. I'm gonna be busy for a few months since I'll be filing a class action lawsuit against CNN for the interview they had with me about a month ago. For those who don't know, they edited my words to make me sound like I was saying my friend couldn't be racist when that...

Wasn't true. The interviewer asked me a bunch of unrelated questions and then strung my words together to make me sound like I was saying something else. To anyone who may have been offended by my words in that interview, I'm sorry you had to hear all that 😔 and I'm ashamed...

Of CNN for doing that to me. These past few weeks I've been closely working with my lawyer to plan out the lawsuit, so I haven't had much to promote 22Red. Don't worry though, I'm in good hands 😁 I won a lawsuit once, it'll happen again. In the meantime though, I won't have...

As much time to give out advice to everyone following me on r/HOkillstealers, but I'll still use the little time I have to score the most for my team. I wish every Bobmer reading this the best of luck 🫡

The thread had a total of over ten thousand likes and over two hundred comments. Despite the small screen, Peppino could easily make out the words due to their large size. After he finished reading it he shut the TV off. He paused for a moment as thoughts filled his head and bits of sweat dripped down.

It'll be fine Peppino he'll be fine he said so his lawyer's got his back why are you worried but what if he loses the lawsuit what does what will he have left he has a lot he's in a band he probably gets paid a lot but he's suing CNN it's likely he'll fail I mean it's a big company why are you worrying you'll have an ample chance to win for your team you have time but-

He repeatedly smacked himself until his train of thought derailed. Shortly after, he heard the door open as Gustavo stepped inside.

"Is something wrong, boss? I heard some stuff fall in the bathroom" The gnomish one asked lightly as he walked in with his stack of clothes.

"N-no, it's-a fine. I, I..." Peppino stopped himself when he realized his coworker's concerned expression wasn't softening "It was some news involving someone I know. They're having to sue this company and..."

Gustavo smiled and pat his side "They'll be alright, boss. I won't mind if you decide to take the day off or..."

"No, I'll-a get back to work when I'm ready. Just not-a yet."

His coworker nodded and handed him his clothes before heading for the kitchen. After putting them on, the Italian went to the break room and unplugged the Oculus Quest. He put it on and was taken to the home screen, where Hogwarts Online's icon sat to the very left of four other games. He paused in front of the screen for a moment before shaking his head and booting up the MMO.