Chapter 6

It has been a few months since Grant and Lizzy been dating and in a few days it is Lizzy's 25th birthday and Grant decided to throw a surprise party for her in the woods where Grant and Lizzy shared their first kiss. Grant had everything under controlled for her birthday but he was struggling to decide what to buy for her, fortunately Daniel(Grant's oldest friend)  was there to help him.

"So you've been dating her for a few months, how come you have never introduced her to me?" Daniel asked.

"Well you are meeting her soon" Grant replied "On her birthday".

"So have you erm done it with her yet?"Daniel asked openly.

"Dan a relationship isn't all about sex" Grant answered irately.

"Gay" Daniel whispered under his breath.

"Rather be called gay then sex pest" Grant said.

"I've never seen you like this about a girl" Daniel said.

"Because unlike other girls I love her" Grant sighed.

"Ohhh you said the L word, my boy is in love" Daniel mocked and put his arm around Grant.

"Come on lets find Lizzy's birthday gift" Grant said.

"Hey, remember to introduce me to Lizzy hot, single friends" Daniel chuckled. "Does she have single friends?"

"Yes Georgina, I will introduce her to you I swear" Grant promised "Lizzyalways talks about how she is single"

Meanwhile Lizzy was planning for what to wear to what she thought was another date with Grant.

"Shall I wear this?" Lizzy asked Georgina.

Georgina bent her head one way and gestured her to spin around.

"Yeah you should wear that if you want to attract hungry babies" she answered.

"Ergh" Lizzy thought, she looked in her wardrobe and grabbed a flowery dress. She pulled the dress out and showed it to Georgina.

"This?" Lizzy asked.

"I hope you will wear something underneath it" Georgina joked.

Lizzy rolled her eyes and place her dress neatly on a hanger.

"Fine I'll this flowery dress it screams summer" Lizzy said

"So where is Grant taking you?" Georgina asked even tough she knew about Lizzy's surprise party.

"It's a surprise but he is picking me up" she smirked straightaway Lizzy grabbed a pillow, buried her face in it and squealed "I'm so excited!".

"I haven't seen you this happy for quite a long time" Georgina pointed out.

"What if I told you Grant takes the most space in my brain" Lizzy sighed "I love him".

Georgina got up also sat to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"Hey has Grant got any single friends?" she asked sneakily. 

"Seriously? Yes he does" Lizzy replied.

Grant and Daniel went from one shop to another to look for the perfect present for Lizzy.

" Just get her perfume, girls love perfume" Daniel suggest.

"No i want to get her something special" Grant said ignoring Daniel's advice.

"Well get her Chanel 5 perfume then" Daniel suggested again.

"We need to think properly" Grant said.

"Well think quickly because I am worn out" Daniel said tiredly.

"I need think, what is Lizzy into" Grant thought.

"We have been shopping for six hours I think my ass is going to drop off" Daniel complained.

"I GOT IT!" Grant exclaimed "Lizzy is loves vintage things let's go to the vintage shops"

As Grant walked off. Daniel rolled his eyes and walked with him.

"Right goodnight I have got an important deal to seal tomorrow and if I get this I might replace Leo after he hangs up his boots" Georgina said tiredly.

"Wait Leo is retiring?" Lizzy asked.

"Yes he is ancient, he probably shits fossils" Georgina giggled.

Lizzy got up and left Georgina to sleep. She went to her bedroom and sneaked on to railings of their apartment. On the railings there is a small swinging chair filled with pillows, she describes it as sleeping on a cloud, sometimes Lizzy just sits there maybe even for an entire night! Every time she goes there, she breaths slowly, closes her eyes and reflects on her life sometimes she goes there to help her write her lyrics. She never lets anyone in her mini paradise not even Georgina. It was a cool night and the moon illuminated the city creating a cold but beautiful  scene, in the next apartment lives an elderly woman (Victoria) who always talks about the fifties and how stunning life was back then. Victoria is an widow unfortunately her beloved husband died three years ago and every night to resurrect her memory of her late husband she plays 'Moon River' even though she plays it really loudly no one else seems to mind instead they let her be because everyone knows Victoria and her story. Lizzy always finds it astonishing how even death didn't stop Victoria from loving her husband instead it made her love him even more,  Lizzy often wonders when will she find a man that even death won't stop them from loving each other.