Chapter 7

Lizzy's birthday finally came and now she was officially twenty-four however the day was not off to a good start, during the morning it rained heavily. Grant was praying to God that Lizzy's party will still go as planned as he anticipated, he was extremely worried that the woods will end up being too muddy for her party. Grant drove up to Lizzy flat round four in the afternoon. Lizzy was waiting for him while holding a pair of navy boots.

"Where are we going that I have to bring boots?" she asked.

"You'll see it's a surprise" he replied "Come on jump in".

Lizzy happily jumped into his car and they drove off. Lizzy thought the boots were to mislead her so judging by what Grant was wearing (brown trousers with a red, white and blue checked shirt) which was a smart outfit she thought they were going to a nice restaurant but soon he drove out of the city and into the open road by now Lizzy was really confused.

"Where the hell are going?" she asked "we've been driving for like an hour"

Soon they drove past a sign "Burburn Woods 2 miles away"

"We're going to burburn woods?" she asked excitedly.

Grant nodded and he pulled up his car. He then got off and picked of a picnic basket from the boot of his car.

"Come into the woods" he said.

Lizzy raised her eyebrow, put her boots on and followed Grant, they walked for a few minutes until they came across a bridge which led to a circular clearing and there the trees were decorated with twinkling fairy lights and lanterns that looked like million jewels, all around there were white hanging flowers draped upon trees like ribbons,there was a huge, majestic fire pit and lastly a natural touch; sunbeams seeped through the trees .It was truly magical scene and the perfect way to describe the forest was it looked like a place from a fairy-tale book.

"Oh my God" Lizzy whispered as she slowly turned around and her eyes began to well up.

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted as they jumped from behind the trees.

"OH MY GOD" Lizzy exclaimed and she hugged Grant "You did all this?"

"Well with help" he chuckled proudly.

Lizzy hugged Grant even tighter and kissed him on his soft, peachy lips.

"Come on let's get this started the drinks are getting warm" Daniel shouted.

Grant and guys brought out chairs, food and of course bottles of alcohol out while Lizzy's friends all gathered around Lizzy and squealed with delight.

"Oh my gosh you are so lucky to have Grant throw this wonderful surprise for you!" Anabel squealed with excitement.

"I don't know about you but Grant has got super hot friends" Elle gasped.

"Look at him in the stripy top I am taking him home tonight" Georgina said.

The girls giggled.

"Lizzy is he single?" Georgina quickly asked.

"Yeah that's Daniel he is Grant's closest friend, I've met him a few times" Lizzy replied.

"AND YOU DIDN'T MENTION HIS EXISTENCE TO ME" Georgina said in a dramatic way as if she was just betrayed "JUDAS!"

"Well ladies tonight I am going to forget about work, rent basically ANY adult shit instead I just want to get EXTREMELY drunk" Elle bursted out.

"Hell yes!" the girls agreed.

"Liz boyfriend alert" Rose said.

The girls slowly walked off but they still turned around and giggled.Grant walked up to Lizzy and asked for her hand. She got up and smiled at him while he twirled her around until Grant grabbed by her waist and pulled her closer till they were cheek to cheek.