Chapter 1

I cant feel or see anything as I sit at the table full of fake food. The only feeling I have over me is pins and needles. I watched someone loose their mind and just get thrown away by a talking pair of chatter teeth. On top of that I thought I was free but that same pair of teeth had to drive me closer to madness.

I feel a stab at my shoulder as a zone back in and jump.

"Woah kid calm down" I hear the purple rabbit smirk

I cant get out a word. I just try to keep my composure even after being touched multiple times today. I hate nothing more than that feeling when it's unprompted .

"Are you okay Pomni?" I hear a quiet voice. I assume its Gangle because of the tone.

"Yep! I'm gonna go to bed now and when I wake up this dream will be over!" I laugh.

"I cant believe she still thinks this is a dream" Jax turns to Zooble.

"Shut up Jax. Your freaking her out more you [>!/%#]"

They keep talking but I cant hear them. I'm too far away and I start hearing ringing as I walk towards my room.

I get lost because I cant focus my eyes. I tense up as I feel a hand on my shoulder. My eyes have enough focus for me to tell its Ragatha once I turn around.

"Oh sorry for scaring you. I just wanted to check up on you." She says calmly.

"Why me? I left you alone and in pain I don't deserve this." My eyes unblur as I look at her blue button. I can't look her in the eye as my breath quickens.

"I don't hold grudges. I can't get upset over things like that or else I'll dwell on them. It's easier to forgive and move on." She smiles.

"Thank you for being so kind. I'm sorry." I look down at my different color shoes.

"It's alright. I'll just make sure you get to your room okay."

We start walking in silence and honestly it's a nice silence. I think she could tell I was stressed and needed the quiet.

When we reach my door she breaks the silence.

"Well, here's your room. Do you mind if I take a peek?" She asks curiously.

"Oh no I don't mind." I say opening the door.

It's full of red, blue, and yellows and very circus themed. There are balloons and decorations everywhere. My breathing gets faster again.

I start to cry.

"Are you alright?" Ragatha says, guiding me to my bed. I couldn't see anything but my tears.

We sit in silence as she listens to me cry. I can't get out any words.

"Hug. Please." I choke out.

I hate touch. It feels like needles but when I have control of it I feel more secure. She's as soft as a pillow. I can feel every stitch on her dress and it smells like a place I might remember someday.

"Take your time to calm down, then we can talk" She says, removing my hat and holding onto my head.

I don't know how long passed before I got myself to calm down. I finally started to speak.

"My room is so overwhelming, I was so hopeful it would be normal." I choke. I'm gonna dread having to stay here alone.

"Hey, my room is pretty normal. Why don't you calm down there for the night." She suggested moving her hand off my hair.

"Are you sure?" I sit up.

"Of course, I have a big bed so there's enough room for both of us." She stands up. "I'll let you change and then we can go to my room. The closet is the big door over there."

Ragatha points to red and yellow striped doors, I walk over and open them and a large array of pajamas and various outfits that Caines weird quests might involve.

I grab a pair of pajamas and look at Ragatha.

"I'll turn around don't worry" she laughs facing my door.

The jester suit comes off surprisingly easy and the pajamas were very cozy. I was worried they were gonna bring back the pins and needles swallowing my body.

"You can turn back around." I say.

"You look great! Let's head to my room"

I blush a little and nod watching her open my door. I stand next to her as we walk towards her room. I look at her soft hand as I grab onto it. She looks at me and laughs softly.

Finding someone to be close with is gonna keep me grounded while I'm here.

I feel her shutter as she opens her door. "I hope Jax was joking about the centipede" she frowns.

"Besides that, here's my room, make yourself cozy darling." She lets go of my hand.

I walk into her room and realize it smells just like her. It's very calming.

"Thank you again Ragatha." I smile looking back at her before I sit down on her bed.

"No problem. If you don't mind i'm gonna change my clothes."

I nod and turn around. When she lets me know she's changed I turn around and view her beautiful outfit that looks hand made.

"I make my clothes myself, how does it look?" She smiles.

"Wonderful." I smile, "does everyone here have hobbies?" I ask. Maybe it will be good for me to cope with.

"Yeah! I sew, Gangle does drawings, Kinger paints, Zooble collects things, and Jax has his pranks." She lets off a warm smile.

I catch myself staring again. "It's so cool that you taught yourself to sew, I would love to learn sometime."

"I-" Ragatha cuts herself off and giggles.

"What?" I sound concerned.

"Oh nothing bad, it's just your eyes when you were listening changed" she giggles.

I look in a mirror and see my eyes have little red and blue hearts in them.

"Oh [#%!*]" I cover my face. "I'm sorry, ignore me. I just think you're very pretty."

"Well thank you. You've had a long day, let's go lay down." She leads me over to her bed. We don't fall asleep but we stay up to talk.

"Are you feeling any better?" She asks.

"I'm still very shaken and anxious, but better. What about you? You kinda panicked earlier when we were going to see Kaufmo." I ask.

"I'm glad you're getting better but I'm okay. Sometimes it's difficult because besides kinger i've been here the longest."

"How long? If you don't mind me asking."

"No it's alright, a sense of time is difficult around here but Caine checked my log and it's been around 5 years." She smiles.

I feel my stomach drop. If she's been here 5 years Kinger has been here even longer, there really is no escape.

"Ragatha, I'm sorry you've had to go through this." I look at her sitting next to me. "I won't give up on getting us out of here, together".

"Your very charming hun but honestly this has been my life for so long I don't know about leaving anymore, life would be so hard to adjust too. I'm just suck wherever I go." She laughs then frowns.

"This is an issue for another day tho, get some sleep Pomni. Goodnight."

She turns around and I slowly drift off hoping it's all a dream and maybe I'll wake up somewhere that I'll remember. With a name and body I'm familiar with.

Someday.