Chapter 4

Suddenly I hear a thunk. I shot myself up and opened my eyes hoping to see the purple rabbit.

"Hey again poms" Jax winks.

"What happened? Did you go back? Could you remember anything?" I stand up my mind racing with questions to ask.

"Woah slow down one question at a time, I don't know where I ended up but I remembered some basic things about myself, and I did make it back," Jax replied

"Oh my god why didn't anyone think of this sooner" I cover my face.

"To be fair none of us knew we could just get removed from the system" he shrugs.

"Let's go get Caine and everyone else so we can remove ourselves," I say going out Jax's door.

Jax and I separate, he goes to get everyone else as I locate Caine.

"Caine!" I yell around a few times trying to find him.

I'm still shaking trying to find him. It almost feels like a dream that I'm about to go home.

After what felt like forever searching I heard his voice behind me.

"Hello, little superstar!"

I jump as I turn around quickly.

"Woah didn't mean to startle you there, what can I help you with?" He says.

"We need you to remove everyone from the game like you did with Jax, including the abstracted people."

I sigh as I keep shaking. I hope I can see Ragatha again.

I watch as Caine opens the character files and hovers over mine. I hold my breath.

As I finish inhaling my world switches. I close my eyes for a while and when I open them I'm in a white room. Presumably a hospital.

I'm hooked up to multiple machines monitoring me. I look around realizing what scenario I'm in. I press that red call button as a nurse comes down the hall with a doctor behind her.

"This is a miracle oh my goodness" the nurse smiles. "How are you feeling?"

I can't get many words out, I'm lost.

"What happened?" That is all I can get out.

"You and several other missing people were found. You were the last one to wake up." The doctor explains. "You're gonna be here for further monitoring along with the others. Now that you're awake we're gonna move you to another room." She continues.

Everything feels like a blur. I was a missing person? What happened to me?

I got put in a room with 4 other people, and all of them looked exhausted.

"All 5 of you were victims of the C&A company. You were trapped inside that horrible nightmare of theirs for far too long." The doctor says. "I'll see you all again once you wake up a bit more."

"So you guys are also from the Circus?" One of them asks.

"I think so, what were everyone's character names?" A shy-looking woman asks "I was Gangle."

"Jax"

"Zooble"

"Kinger"

My heart sank when I didn't hear Ragatha's name.

"What about Ragatha? Or anyone else who was abstracted?" I ask.

"I'm assuming you were Pomni then, ask a nurse if anyone else was found in the C&A building," Jax says.

We all talk about ourselves trying to get to know each other better now that we know who we are again. Turns out we were all co-workers we realized as our minds began to jog.

After a while, a nurse came back in to check on us and run more tests.

"Has anyone else from C&A been found? We were not the only people." I wonder.

"There has been more found. They haven't woken up yet." The nurse informs me.

I sigh as the nurse leaves the room again.

"Are you alright Pomni?" Zooble asks.

"Yep, just worried about the others that abstracted is all. I hope they end up okay." I frown.

"If you're mostly worried about Ragatha I'm sure she's fine. She's very strong." Kinger reassured me.

"Thank you." I sigh again and try to nod off to sleep.

Today's adventures have been exhausting.

I woke up to noise around me. I was being pushed into another room with even more people I didn't recognize again.

"Someone in here requested to see you. Since you're becoming more stable I feel that it's safe to move you around a bit more." A doctor states.

This room only has two people inside this time.

"Hi?" I wonder who they are.

"Pomni?" A woman asks.

"Ragatha?" I question.

"It's lovely to see you again." She smiles warmly.

"I was so worried about you!" I began to cry.

Because I was taken off all my IVs I can get up to hug her. She can't hug me back because her body is still weak. I kiss her on the cheek and a small peck on the lips.

I brought my chair over beside her bed and we started talking.

"This is gonna sound weird but before we got trapped I think you were my girlfriend," I say.

"I still don't have all my memories but even if I wasn't before I would love to be yours now." She laughs.

I missed hearing her laugh. I couldn't be happy that I got her back. She meant so much to me.

A Few months went by, and after we were all dispatched from the hospital we stayed close but tried to find a sense of normalcy with our lives. It was hard for me sometimes but having a super cool girlfriend by my side always makes things better.

We have a small apartment together now. Tonight we're having our friends over.

I hear a knock on the door and I'm greeted by all our old friends from the circus.

"Thanks for inviting us over, this gives me a better chance to put a centipede on display somewhere." Jax laughs.

"Jax!" Ragatha groans.

"Can you not be an asshole for one day?" Zooble elbows him.

"I can be nice sometimes, it's more fun my way though." He winks.

Zooble scoffs and follows Jax over to our couch.

"Thanks for inviting me, it's nice to see you again," Gangle says.

"It's no problem," Ragatha says, hugging her.

I tell Gangle she and Kinger can go find spots on the couch as I grab Ragatha and bring her into our bedroom.

"Do you think we were ready to see everyone again? What if I make things awkward?" I fear.

"Hun, they all like you, your awkwardness is charming" the beautiful woman holds my face.

I move from her hands and hug her. Having friends over was never really for me, I never knew how to act.

"It's okay." by Ragatha lets out of the hug and kisses me.

This time the kiss is longer and we melt into it feeling each other's warmth. When we break apart I stare into her eyes.

I knew everything was gonna turn out okay. It just took some time and love