Chapter 3

Something doesn't sit right with me. I woke up feeling more alone. Not just because Ragatha wasn't beside me but something felt off.

I change my clothes and walk into the hall. My chest feels tight as I approach Ragatha's door. I'm terrified there's gonna be a giant red x over her face. As I get closer I notice her door looks the same. No red x. My breath slows back to normal as I knock on the door.

I get no answer so I assume she's gone to meet everyone else to begin today's adventure. The theme song starts and I notice Caine making an edit to the game.

"*Disclaimer: Ragatha the doll did not show up today.*"

My stomach drops. How did I not see her when I went to start the theme song? My breathing starts to speed up and I can't see anything. If she was okay she would've answered the door when I knocked.

My eyes stay blurred as I zone out from everyone else trying to think of something that will create a logical reason for her not being here.

"Pomni? I haven't seen you freak out like this in awhile?" I see a white glove pass by my face when I zone back in and my eyes unblur. It's Kinger.

"Kinger, you and Ragatha have been here the longest right?" I ask him.

"Yep! besides Queenie but I haven't been able to find her recently." The chess piece looks around.

"Has she disappeared like this before?" I get more worried.

He looks back at me after a second. "We all do this sometimes, I stay in my room to take care of my insects every so often."

My body is a mix of hot and cold as I look down the hall Ragatha is in. I hope she's okay. I can't shake this feeling that something is wrong.

In my wishful thinking I'm hoping she just needs space, I continue listening to Caine talk about today's adventure.

"Today my little superstars, everyone will be assigned a bubble, if one bubble remains by the end of the day, the head bubble chef will make you all a multi course meal! Have fun!" Caine projects. After he's done talking, the chatter teeth vanish.

A mini version of the bubble that follows Caine around is now next to all of our sides.

"Hey Pomni, since today's task is so laid back, why don't we go check on your rag dollie?" Jax asks, holding a key in front of my face.

"Why do you care?" I didn't realize how cold I sounded until I finished talking.

"Geez I was just wondering, come on Pomni let's go find the doll" Jax starts waking away and I follow behind him.

"Why do you tease her so much?" I ask as I catch up to him.

"Everyone else hates when I tease them but she kinda shakes it off easier" He replied.

"I guess that makes sense." I justified his response.

"So what's your status with her? You know I saw your little kiss by the lake." He teases.

"We never really made anything official. Probably because I don't think either of us are in a situation where we can handle a relationship." I sigh.

"That's understandable. I can tell she's super into you." He grins at me.

I can't think of anything else to say as we get closer to Ragatha's door. I want nothing more than for her to be okay.

Jax knocks on the door. After we wait for a second he puts his ear against the wall. I see his face change to concern.

"What's wrong?" I panic.

"I hear static?" He sounded confused and worried.

Jax grabs a key and unlocks the door.