Chapter 2

Ragatha and I shared a room for a few more weeks without any problems. There were daily adventures we sometimes avoided to go hang out with but other times it was nice to have some friends to explore this new world with.

Somedays were hard. Especially for Ragatha, I could tell she was struggling but I didn't know how to talk to her without the fear of making her spiral. So now I wanna confront her about it calmly I suppose.

Today's adventure involved the digital lake so I figured that would be a calming spot to talk to her.

I sigh as a panic comes over me. It must've been visible anxiety because Ragatha looked concerned when I walked up to her.

"Hey Poms! Are you okay?" She asks, confused.

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you before we go join everyone for food." I shake.

"Of course. Let's go sit by the lake, it's beautiful this time of day." She takes my hand and sits down near the water.

"I want to know how you feel." I make eye contact as the words flow out with anxiety behind them.

"Oh um" She freezes and breaks eye contact.

"I really like you Pomni if that's what you're wondering. I'm assuming Jax told you" She smiles awkwardly.

"I was asking if you're okay, you've been very anxious and-" I pause "What?" My face warms.

"Oh you meant- Ignore me" she laughs.

"It's okay, I like you too and that's why I'm so worried. I don't want you to end up like any of those crossed-out doors." My chest tightens as I close my sentence.

"Pomni I'm doing okay there's no need to worry, anxiety gets to all of us sometimes and that's why I take breaks from the adventures and hang out with you. You keep me grounded." She lets out such a warm smile it makes me blush more.

She starts making the face she does whenever my eyes change to little hearts. This makes me even more flustered as my eyes betray me.

"Are my eyes doing the thing again?" I ask embarrassed.

"As they usually do." She giggles "I think it's cute."

"It's kind of exposing me" I smile.

"I do really like you tho." The ragdoll moves closer to me. I moved closer to her after.

"You've been a huge supporter for me these last few weeks, and you're so kind and sweet. Thank you." I say.

I start leaning in and she follows along, our kiss is short but warm and sweet.

But then Jax had to interrupt.

"Woah ladies I just came to get you guys for dinner not to be a third wheel." He grins.

"God [%#*!] it Jax" I wine jokingly.

I learned quickly here that sometimes it's way easier to just go along with Jax's annoying jokes. I don't want anyone here to hate me, especially since I'm the stranger who entered their world.

I back away from Ragatha and help her up as we follow behind Jax to the dinner table.

Once we arrived, me and the doll sat next to each other. I talked to her the entire time as I ate my food. Honestly, that was rare for me. If I didn't need food I wouldn't eat it. Mostly because of anxiety reasons.

"Hey you ate more today, I'm proud of you!" She looks at my plate.

"Thank you, I appreciate that" I grin.