Chapter 24: Nothing Was The Same

There Ajay stood. Bouquet in hand. Anger was evident on his face as he watched another man profess his love to his wife. For months he couldn't get Kajol off of his mind. He missed her presence. Her kindness. Her care. Her willingness to be a good wife to him. He missed her. Ajay thought it a good idea to pay her a visit as he did in Switzerland before when he felt this way. He had gotten worried when out of the blue Kajol stopped replying to his messages and calls. She eventually blocked the man. Ajay knew it was unlike her. Kajol's lawyer had gotten more persistent but, Ajay wasn't going to fold. He wanted his wife. He wanted his marriage. What better way to fight for his wife and marriage than to come to Rome? Ajay urged to see her, hear her voice, and just be with her.

Never did he expect to see Shah Rukh knelt in front of Kajol telling her how incomplete he was without her. It was a nightmare for Ajay. His biggest fear had come to fruition, Kajol fell in love with someone else and she no longer needed nor wanted Ajay for anything. Time felt as if it moved slowly as he watched Shah Rukh's confession. Ajay and anyone else could clearly see the love in Kajol's eyes that screamed how she felt the same for the man. The air was thick and cold that early morning, but Ajay was hot and steaming with anger.

"KAJOL DEVGAN! HER NAME IS KAJOL DEVGAN AND SHE'S STILL MY WIFE YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Ajay wasted no time professing loudly after Shah Rukh dared to call her by her maiden name. That was the last straw for Ajay.

Ajay had completely ruined the moment, bringing both Kajol and Shah Rukh back to reality.

Shah Rukh had never expected to confess the desires of his heart in front of the crew, his wife, and random tourists watching but his impulsive emotions had gotten the best of him. He didn't even want to think about a life without her. In her trailer, Shah Rukh could see that she had given up on their relationship. Again his bottled up emotions had gotten the best of him. He couldn't help it as he stared into her eyes. He wanted to read his lines as he was supposed to, but he couldn't let her turn her back after their final scene and just walk away. She was his Kajol. It was now or never.

"Ajay? What are you doing here? " Kajol quickly wiped her tears and composed herself the best she could. She could see the anger written all over him as he approached them. Quickly she met him where he was, stopping him from coming any closer. She laid his hand over his chest to stop him, and to her surprise, he stopped his feet in place. Calming himself slightly.

"I came to see you. You stopped answering my texts and calls. I see why now." Ajay snarled in Shah Rukh's direction. Shah Rukh's face no longer looked like a lovesick puppy. He was now standing to his feet his eyes were furrowed, his fists and jaws were clenched, and his whole demeanor was ready for war.

"Maybe we can discuss this all somewhere more private." Karan interjected meekly. He was able to clear his staff from the scene thanking God they signed NDAs and couldn't tell of the happens of the early morning to anyone.

"Why not stay out in the open?! If my cheating husband can say what he feels from his heart why the fuck shouldn't I?!" Gauri screamed almost to the top of her lungs causing everyone to give the woman their full and undivided attention. Silently she let her feet guide her to Shah Rukh. She evaluated his face. It instantly went from hard to soft again as he looked at his wife apologetically.

"Gauri I'm-" Before Shah Rukh could finish the rest of his words. He felt heat against his face from Gauri smacking him defensively. The tears that raced down her face were in long streams that ran down her neck. Her whole face was still red with embarrassment.

"You lied to me. I asked you if you had feelings for her Shah Rukh. This whole time you've lied and cheated!" Gauri lifted her hand to smack him again and again she hit him. Shah Rukh stood quietly letting his wife get all of her frustration and anger out. He deserved every hit, punch, and smack she connected to his face and chest.