𝑪𝒉. 𝟒𝟕 | 𝑨𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 🌶️

Lex

My morning starts with the sight of Aira, cuddled up in my arms with comfort. I nudged a little to adjust to get a better sight of her which slightly woke her up. She whines, blinking back to sleep after seeing my sleepy face that wanted to adore her like my eyes already hadn't since they'd seen her. My fingers brushed through her hair, playing with the silky strands in between scratching her scalp. Her nose muffled warm exhales onto my body, erupting tickles.

"Lex!" the both of us are interrupted by Sophie barging in through my room.

"Shh!" I instantly scolded but Aira had already jolted up with threat.

"Sophie, what are you doing here this early?" Aira angrily questioned, sitting up from my arms.

Sophie's eyebrows pinched with attitude at the question. She didn't like it and because she didn't like it, she didn't bother answering either.

"Looks like someone is mad. I was just here to see," her eyes glammed turning to me.

"Sophie, we'll talk downstairs," I interrupted her.

She got the idea looking over to Aira who glared at me like she wanted to kill me. My heart thumped anxiously.

"I'll be waiting," Sophie's voice lightened and she left with a wink at which Aira gasped at.

She throws the covers off her roughly and rolls out of bed, away from me. My body instantly yearns for her presence.

"Aira," I call out.

"What?" she yelled in response.

She looks really pissed right now. How do I tell her about Sophie... I don't say anything after that. I watch her turn to grab her outfit and head into the bathroom. With this chance, I walk downstairs to talk to Sophie. Lana and Chris have already known not to utter a word about a single thing that has happened to Aira.

"Lex," Sophie excitedly gets up, hugging me.

"You should get going right now," I sighed pushing her away from me.

"I don't think your wife likes me," she chuckles to which I nod making it clear too.

And if Aira doesn't like something, it's hard for me to stand against it.

"But she doesn't know that," Sophie ran her finger from my forehead to my chin, "she'll never have what I do," she finishes off with a chilling whisper against my skin.

"We'll talk about that later," I rejected her off my body once again.

Sophie didn't protest further and headed out of my house. I needed to sort this mess before things got messier. Aira had questions and she will ask them. I head back upstairs to find her at the dressing table doing her makeup. She purposely kept her gaze towards the mirror, ignoring my presence. I go forward to wrap my arms around her, hugging her from the back. A cold nudge of annoyance pushed me away from her.

"Who is that girl?" she asks turning to me.

"She's a very close client," my eyes winced against my mouth that did not confidently speak of this lie.

"I can see," she frowns, escaping from my arms.

A desperate call for her reaches but she ignores it, grabbing her purse and phone before leaving the room. I don't find her in the dining area either for breakfast. Lana informs me that she has already left which kills my appetite.

My ego ran through a small burst but I needed to keep myself calm and collected right now. She has all rights to be mad and upset. Her anger is raw right now. We'll give her some time before we talk to her. At the office, she doesn't bother talking to me and rather another visit pays me from Sophie.