باب 1

Don't forget to vote⭐️

Kabir Aksoy

What makes a person eligible for marriage? The question I ask myself frequently day and night.

And why was I even thinking about it in the first place? Was it because Ami's been pestering me for a while now, or is it because I have a potential suiter in my mind?

The one I told my Ami about and she like a news broadcaster told everyone.

"Banda loyal ho to Ami jesa, kuch bhi batao wo apne bande ko bata deti hain." I thought.

But I know I am not ready for marriage. It comes with responsibility and commitment to your partner. I saw my parents, and sometimes I have fleeting thoughts about how it would be like to have a partner who cares for you and supports you on every step of your life.

What would it be like to have someone you love?

Of course, I want to marry. I'm a man, and I don't intend to die before marriage. And let's not forget that marrying is a Sunnah and encouraged by Muhammad(SAW).

But let's circle back to whether I was ready for marriage. That is the real question he's been asking himself for a while now.

Huh. He signed and pushed off his chair, stood up, and stretched his hand. He exited his study(home office) and entered his room, which is attached to his study.

He was already tired he wanted to get over with this day already, and have good sleep to wear off all tiredness, but it was only 8 am, and he had pulled an all-nighter for his business deal.

Upon entering the room his eye caught his younger brother sprawled on the bed, on his stomach nevertheless.
He pulled off his shirt and, after twisting it. Kabir whipped him with it.

"AHHHHH" whinnied his over-dramatic younger brother.
"Don't lay on your stomach, I've told you a thousand times."

And his younger brother Emre again grumbled, "AHHHH, I know, okay I try."

"Not enough." And then he whipped him again with his shirt. "Chalo ab dafa ho jao yahan se"

"Neden?" said his younger brother again.
(Why?)

"Pata nhi? Kuke ye mera kamra hy and Because I said so" he whipped him again with his t-shirt, and that was the final straw. Emre stood up and started imitating MMA fighter stance, all while knowing that he was no match for his older brother.

Kabir also took a stance and started heading up to his brother. He used his shirt to whip him again and again while Emre was able to only land a few punches. Kabir saw the opening and tackled his younger brother as he was distracting him with his t-shirt.

"Har mani?"
(Do you give up?)

"Asla" said Emre.
(Never)

At that moment, when both brothers were on the floor, their limbs tangled in weird positions, their mother entered.

"Allah Allah, ne yapiyorsunuz siz."
(Allah Allah, what are you both doing)

Kabir stood up and straightened his sweat pants composing himself and rushed into his closet. Leaving behind a slightly breathless Emre and his over-dramatic self.
"Anne bak, ye Mar raha tha mujhe"
(Mother, did you see? he was fighting with me.)

"Evet, baktım. Kabir chota bhai hy Emre apka"
(Yes, I saw, Kabir! Emre is your little brother).

When Kabir exited the closet his eyes fell on Emre who was now hugging their mother. He stepped towards them and removed Emre from their mother and hugged his mother.