باب 2

She was blushing. O Allah, she was blushing.
She pressed her cold hands to her cheeks, she just passed by him, and oh he was so tall. He must be 6'2 or taller.

She is of average height, but most people consider her as tall, but it's not her fault that even 5'6 is considered tall in this era, it is in the genes, my brothers are tall too, a lot taller than me tbh.

She thought that the only reason she found guys ever attractive was just because of their height. Which is wrong, I don't like it myself but I just can't stop myself.

ASTAGFIRUALLAH. Stop stop. Shaitan is putting ideas in my head. She recited a dua to ward off Shiatan and get rid of his mischievous ideas.

I think he is a  businessman. She didn't know for sure she had never conversed with him. And never will. Have you ever seen men like him even single? Everyone has indulged themselves in Haram relationships nowadays, or maybe he is married you never know. And she didn't want to know. Sheshhhh why is she acting weird all of a sudden?

Shoot. Where is her little girl? She swear she ran off into the shop before she could even pay the taxi driver.
She looked around the Kahve shop, where did she wander off to now? Istanbul is a crowded city and this kid running at the speed of Ferrari doesn't help.

"Mirai" she called her and ran into the kitchen, to her relief she saw her wailing near her mother's feet.

"Mirai ki bachi, heartattack any wala tha mujhe"
(Mirai, I was about to have a heart attack)

She signed, approached her and sat next to  her. She kept a hand on her head gently patting her and whispered "what do you want?"

Her Tuba Khala nodded her,so she can distract mirai for sometime.

Mirai pointed to a cookie jar, which was empty. "Bisküvi istiyorum."( I want cookies) she again wailed and pouted.

"Tamam, Tamam bi dakka"(okay, okay wait a minute)

She toke a hold of Mirai's hand, wiped her tears stained cheecks with her hand then kissed her cheeck and they together started searching for a cookie batch. Which was most definitely finished, Hina knew it but she wanted to diverge her mind from it.

After sometime, little green-eyed kid huffed in irritation. And folded her hand over her chest and looked at Hina accusingly like saying 'you ate it I know'. And....she did, okay I'am guilty but cookie was so delicious, I couldn't resist sweet.

Suddenly an idea pooped in her head, "Ku na hum khud cookies banaye?" She raised her eyebrows questioning Mirai.
Her eyes lit up, sparkling with happiness. They set up the cooking ingredients on a Farr off counter so they were not hindering or disturbing anyone working.

After a struggle of 30 mins they finally pushed the tray in the oven, Mirai's eye were sparkling gleefully and she was clapping her hand excitedly. Hina was also happy seeing her happy.

"Mirai, apko bhook lag rahi hy?" She asked this question because Mirai had a habit of not eating lunch at school. Mirai guiltily nodded.

"Çok açim".

"Phele Urdu ma bol kr dekhao" she said to Mirai, Mirai knew Turkish only and understands Urdu but from a past one year Tuba Khala has been teaching Mirai to speak Urdu as well, as it is her First language and mother tounge.

Mirai blushed "Ummm...ummm, bhok hun mai."

Hina laughed out loud, and Mirai blushed more. "Meri beti bhoki hy or tum uska mazak ura rahi ho" Tuba Khala lightly hit Hina on her head. While she was also suppressing a smile.

"Anne"(Mother) Mirai whinned and hid behind her.

Hina giggled some more and said "Sorry, sorry, aise bolte hain, 'mujhe bhook lag rahi hy', repaeat what I just said"

Mirai repeated fluently, while Tuba and Hina clapped for her.

She was not working today as she was not an employee here anyway, she just works because she likes it here and also its better than being left alone in her thoughts alone at house. The tip and money are cherry on top.

Other employees also turned around to look her laughing. She avoided their gaze, clearing her thought she stood up and started helping around the kitchen. But she couldn't for long because Mirai insisted they   eat the batch of cookies right now rather than doing boring kitchen work. Hina took the tray out of the oven while Mirai clapped and cheered for her.

After the evening rush everything was calm now in the Café. She and Mirai were now seated near the window in one of the chairs. Mirai was gleefully munching on the cookies, while Hina was zoned out watching outside the Café shop at every one who was passing by. she was again in her own thoughts that she didn't realized that she had been staring at someone across the street. When that person waved at her she jerked out of her retrieve, and upon looking closely she found out that he was her junior collogue.

The person across the street came rushing into the café, 

"Selam Hina" he waved at her again. 

"Selam Emre" hina replied, feeling a little out of element.

Little Mirai turned to look at the new comer.
And then back at Hina again, her confused gaze roaming between the two adults.

"Hina Abla ish he your boyfend?"
(Hina sister is he your boyfriend) Whisper-shouted Mirai loud enough for whole Café to hear.

Hina's stared shocked at Mirai, who was giggling sheepishly, while covering her mouth with her little hands.

"Mirai" she scolded and glared at her, she shut up quickly.

Emre was watching the whole seen while blushing, and scratching the back of his neck.

"Uhgm Uhgm" Hina cleared her throat and asked "What are you doing here"

Emre was now composed and pointed at himself "Oh me?"

Hina nodded. As a 'duh'

"Just hanging around with family today"

"Ohh that why you didn't came to University today, Enjoy your family day then" she smiled a little and waved at him.

"Didn't you go to the university today Emre?" Came a sedate voice of a man.

Emre turned white and pleaded with his eyes. Hina also turned to look at the man only to get the shock of her life.

A/N: Tell me if you guys liked this. Like and comment on this story. As it keeps me motivated ;)