Missed calls

Allan felt horrible, he ran out of there as if he was on fire. He ran to his jeep and got home. He went straight into the shower to put "it" down.

"Of all times!! Stupid!"

He yelled and scolded himself as his hormones had taken charge and made him look like a fool. He dried off after his shower  and sat on the edge of his bed, his head in his hands.

"I just wanted to talk... I felt powerless..."

He cried softly, hugging himself. He had had issues with porn and his hormones, this felt no different. Except, he truly wanted a friendship with this girl, maybe more.

After Allan had left in such a rush, Sophia stood in the kitchen looking at the seat Allan had been sat in. She felt a pang in her chest as she recanted the events to herself.

'Did I say something? Was it what I wore? Did he just think I'm fat? Am I fat?'

Thoughts raced through her mind, she ended up texting Brad.

'Hey... So is it bad if a guy keeps trying to sit differently and then runs out of your house 🤔'

'Um, well... Depends on the setting. Where were you at?'

'my place? I asked Allan if he'd come over for coffee and cake. Ended up making brownies by accident. Went to change and then he got all weird. Like he wasn't comfortable sitting.'

'Wait, what outfit?'

Sophia looked through her phone, it wasn't the first time she had worn that outfit. When she found the photo she sent it to him.

'Well, first reason, your but looks like a 🍑'
'Second, you look hot 😍'

She giggled at her friend's comment and shut her phone off so she could get ready for bed. She read through her devotional and then headed to bed.

Allan sat in bed the rest of the night. He looked at his phone, hoping maybe she would text.

'She probably won't.. maybe I should..'

Without a second thought he texted Daniel. He explained what happened. He and Daniel had become buddies over the last couple of months and even went to work out together.

'What do I do? Just let her text me?'

'Give her some time. She may be confused about the abrupt departer, and she probably wants to think. Or, she may be waiting for you to text her. Don't overthink it too much bud.'

And Daniel was right. She was thinking about if she wanted to approach Allan about it.

The next morning she was getting ready and heard her phone ding. She finished her shower and dried off before looking at the message.

'Hey, it's Allan. Look I'm really sorry about last night.'

She just shut her phone off and finished getting dressed before packing her lunch and heading out the door. As she got inside the building she put her food in the fridge and was about to head out to her desk when she heard heavy steps.

"Sophia?"

She looked over at Allan and smiled gently before heading out to her desk. Brad asked her if she was okay but she just did her list as usual. While Daniel came back to the locker room.

"Daniel, what do I do? I texted her and now she's not-"

"Woah, woah, slow down. Like I said last night, give her some time. You need to take a few deep breaths. Just don't think about it. I know it's easier said than done, but try."

Would Sophia decide to text him? How long would it take? Would Allan ever find out what her thoughts were. Would Sophia find out how he felt?