The News

It was a normal day. Get up, get ready, go to school, check any and all Big Hero 6 alerts, etc.

That's just what Karmi did. It was a part of her routine.

So when her phone pinged with a news alert for BH6, she almost squealed. Opening it quickly, she noticed several others doing the same.

However, what she saw wasn't what she was expecting.

"-nd now we see them! The leader of Big Hero 6, known as 'Captain Cutie', is on the scene, attempting to contain the villain known as Momokase."

The sight made her chest tighten. Although she didn't harbor feelings for her hero anymore, seeing him fight so bravely always made her feel the need to better the world in her own way.

"It looks like he's almost- wait, see if you can get a closer look at his armor."

She paused. That was unusual. She had seen it too - something dark on the purple plating that she didn't remember being there before.

"It-it looks like..."

Her heart sank, horror overcoming her features.

"...BLOOD?!"

}~~{

The reporter's words echoed in her mind the whole ride back to San Fransokyo on repeat:

"It seems he's been cut all over his body! Somehow he is still fighting, managing without all his other teamates! Where are they?! Oh! Wait, he got her! And there you have it folks, Captain Cutie, against all odds, has defeated Momokase even with several injuries!"

Reporters were swarming towards him, all waving their microphones at him, demanding he answer their questions.

When he turned to them, they all stopped in silence.

He was pale as a sheet, a cut clean across his right cheek, shoulders slumped, blood streaming down his armor.

"I-I need you all to-...to back away..." he forced out, voice shaky. "I need to leave now..."

He tried to take a step forward, only to stumble and collapse.

Screams and gasps erupted from the crowd, people rushing forward to see if he was ok, before his team arrived on board Red Panda, landing and keeping everyone back.

"STOP!" Speed Queen roared, skating circles around her leader to keep people back as Chop-Chop picked him up.

"We'll take him to the hospital, but no one is to know his identity. Stay calm, everything will be ok." Tall Girl smoothly commanded.

Then they were gone, and Karmi was racing home to drive to San Fransokyo.

}~~{

She quickly parked her car, barely remembering to lock it. Karmi bolted into the building and to the front desk, begging to know where Captain Cutie was being taken care of.

She barely heard the woman at the counter saying that only his team and family were allowed to see him at the moment through her blood rushing in her ears.

Numbly, she walked over to the lobby and sat down in a chair.

And stayed there all night.