Saved

Their conversations continued for another hour. Catching each other up on their lives, talking about plans for the future, reminiscing about the past.

Eventually they ended up side by side on Hiro's bed, laughing at a story of Fred's crazy ideas.

When they settled down, Hiro noticed how close they were first. Smile fading a bit, he studied her face carefully.

She hadn't changed all that much; her eyes were still a deep, enchanting brown, cheeks rosy from laughter, hair falling out of her signature ponytail. His eyes trailed down to her lips and his heart skipped a beat.

He realized how long he had been staring and quickly looked back up to her eyes in a panic.

She was watching him intently, and his mouth suddenly felt dry. His cheeks heated up and she smirked.

"Hi," she whispered.

"Hi," he mumbled back.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?"

His face burned and he looked away. He COULD NOT tell her what he was thinking about. She would probably smack him.

He almost jumped when her hand cupped his jaw, turning him back to face her. She had scooted closer.

"Hiro, I know I told you that I don't have a thing for Captain Cutie anymore, but did you ever figure out who the other person was?" Her quiet question made his breath catch in his throat.

"I- I, um, uh..." he swallowed thickly. "I had an idea...?"

She smiled and it was like he was numb. He could only feel her hand on his cheek.

"And does he feel the same?"

His throat closed. He nodded dumbly, eyes wide as he watched her.

She leaned even closer, her own smile fading as she glanced at his lips.

"So is this ok...?" She fluttered her eyelashes at him and his heart practically exploded.

"Y-yes..."

Her lips pulled into a small smile again as he watched them and she leaned even closer. He leaned forward as well, not sure what to really do.

But then her lips were on his and that thought promptly dropped dead.

His eyes fluttered closed and he got lost in the soft, warm feeling that was her.

She pulled away slightly and he took a moment to try to breath before opening his eyes again.

They stared at each other for a bit before Karmi jumped forward again, pressing their lips together firmly.

He squeaked, eyes flying wide open before falling closed again, trying desperately to keep up with her.

She ran her fingers through his hair and he groaned lightly, his arms wrapping around her waist.

She hummed against his lips, shifting as she sat up a bit to lean over him.

His heart was hammering in his chest; he felt too hot, but he never wanted to let go of her.

She pulled away again, gasping and panting as she looked down at him with half-lidded eyes. He watched her in awe, wide eyes searching her's as he tried to process what just happened.

Karmi smirked and Hiro lost all sense of thought all over again.

"You look so cute like that, genius boy," she chuckled, and his chest tightened. "I've never seen you so speechless."

He swallowed hard. "I- what-...what am I supposed to say?!"

She giggled. "I don't know..." she leaned down again and their noses brushed against each other. "...but maybe you shouldn't say anything..."

When their lips met again, it was slow and sweet. They moved gently against each other, the initial passion fading into a warm embrace.

Hiro sighed into the kiss, pulling Karmi down to lay on top of him. They pulled apart and smiled at each other lovingly.

"Wow..." Hiro breathed, tracing circles on Karmi's back as he closed his eyes. "I never knew how nice this would feel."

She laughed. "Really?"

"I mean, I figured being with someone romantically would be overwhelming, and I never knew how close it would be to movies. But this?" He peeked an eye open to look down at her and smile. "This is much better than I could have imagined."