𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, take your clothes off

the next day, strahm found himself regretting his previous evening alone with the detective. waking up to the bright ball of sun peeking through unfamiliar curtains. his head throbbing with a hangover and the consequences of downing shots like sweets finally caught up with him. the agent squinted, the brightness of the strange room had become too much for him to bear.

he took a small glance around, trying to remember where he was or how he got there. the covers were pulled back to reveal he was halfway undressed. the multiple buttons of a baggy snow-colored dress shirt had been dismembered from their original positions. what exactly happened last night?

all he could recall was drinking till he blacked out, most of which was a blank space in his memories. the missing gap wasn't going to be filled by sitting around and doing nothing, so he didn't. strahm shuffled out of bed, pulling his pants up and zipping the undone fly. he then showed himself out, stumbling down a strange hallway he couldn't seem to remember.

hoffman, by this time, was sitting on the couch enjoying his blissful saturday evening by sleeping in and was entitled to a rude awakening. he winced as a foot jabbed him in his side, waking him from his restful evening slumber. his eyes fluttered open only to be met with the disheveled agent standing a couple feet away from where he laid. hoffman muttered a curse under his breath.

"what did you do to me, you sick bastard?" strahm asks in search of answers. having just woken up, the detective hadn't a clue what the yapping agent was going on about. the puzzled hoffman groaned, stretched, and rubbed his weary eye.

"what the hell are you on about?" he asked with a sudden yawn taking control of the last couple words. strahm glared at the man sitting atop the less than comfortable couch.

"you know what i'm talking about. why were my clothes off when i woke up? did you pour something in my drink you son of a bitch." it was too early to deal with this. seeing the miscommunications of the progressing situation, hoffman let out a brief cackle. it became apparent the agent couldn't recall what went on last night.

"look i didn't do nothing. you were the one begging me to take them off, which i declined." he explained. strahm happened to be very promiscuous when intoxicated, at times he was hard to turn down. the agent felt his cheeks flush with embarrassment.

he didn't often drink with other men, if he did he paced his drinking pretty well. this was one of the numerous reasons why drinking wasn't his favorite thing in the world. half of the time when he drank too much he would almost always end up in another person's bed with that stranger.

hoffman was the first instance that took the couch instead of them both waking up next to one another. and for some reason, strahm was thankful the detective had loaned him his bed to use for the night.

hoffman grinned "awh look you're blushing." he teased, which only made the situation that much worse. "be quiet you ass," strahm grumbled before taking his rightful spot at the foot of the couch in desperate need of coffee to soothe his hangover.

he rubbed his pounding forehead, serving as a reminder never to drink like that again."mind filling me in on what happened last night?" strahm says, knowing he would undoubtedly regret asking. and judging by the smile growing on hoffman's lips as he recalled the previous night's events, he already did. he shared small stories that made the other man's face light up with sheer embarrassment.

he bit back trying to rationalize the situation, knowing that would only incriminate the act further. when he mentioned the kiss strahm almost immediately shot up, his face a ghostly white.

"we didn't.. did we?" he asks, staring at the man like a deer flashed in headlights. hoffman considered lying to see what kind of reaction he would get from the other man, but being the kind soul he was, he refrained.

he shook his head and a blissful sigh of relief came from strahm's parted lips. the detective, who's already had a rough start to his morning took a bit of offense to the small gesture. "so if i kiss you, you wouldn't like it?" the all too curious detective asks, knowing that he is pushing the fine boundaries of their make-believe friendship.

strahm refused an answer, figuring it was a stupid question that didn't deserve an honest response. without another word hoffman stood from his former position, he needed to get ready and the day wasn't getting any longer.

"i'm going to take a shower, you're welcome to join." at this point, strahm couldn't tell if his showering together offering was genuine. for a long moment, he actually considered it, seeing hoffman's naked body all sudsed up in foamed bubbles. seeing strands of his dark dampened hair slapped to his forehead. he swallowed hard to get the intruding images to disappear.

"thanks but no thanks." he said, declining the offer that he most definitely wanted to accept. the detective shrugged his broad shoulder. "your loss." hoffman said. "but you might want to reconsider, you did throw up, twice." finally solving the mystery of the agent's missing shirt, and why he was wearing this baggy sack.

strahm sunk his canines into his bottom lip, biting back his calling card. strahm watched as the offer slipped away before his eyes, hoffman left him alone on the burgundy-shaded sofa.

after a moment or so of pondering around the idea of seeing him nude, and letting his highly intrusive thoughts get the best of him. in the end, he chased the offer, trying to rationalize it in his mind he held no bounds.

upon entering the bathroom and seeing hoffman's shirt being torn away from his chest he stepped into the room.