02

ELIAS ACCIARDI would've thought that maybe his dad would lay off and be more nicer because of what he'd been through

ELIAS ACCIARDI would've thought that maybe his dad would lay off and be more nicer because of what he'd been through. When Elias came back his father left. No where to be found. They never had a good relationship anyways, so it didn't hurt knowing that he was partially the reason he left. But his mother was devastated. Even though Elias didn't want her to be he understood why. He is the love of her life and even after everything he has done, he always will be. Acciardi doesn't think he could stay in a relationship like that. Everyday having to endure the shouting and the fighting.

        "Your mother and I try are hardest to keep you in check. We have fucking rules for christ sake! And you can't even follow them." He circled the room slightly. Elias could laugh. He really could. His father was fat, had a belly, his beard was rough and clearly not taken care of, and he smelled. Horrible. Acciardi could not understand why his mother would want to stay with someone like him. Before Elias was sent away, his father was nice. He played with him, laughed, even participated in pranks with him. But it changed and Elias couldn't understand why he had. Why he started drinking, and becoming more verbally abuse. "Why do you have to disobey them?"

        Acciardi kept his mouth shut. He knew better than to talk back to his father. Disobeying the rules was stupid to say because he never did. Elias never even thought about wanting to. Because of his mother. There is a lot he could say about him— his father, or straight to his face. Although it was better not to say anything and cause a bigger scene. But that little thought lingered in the back of his head. Wanting to do something. Wanting to see him beg for his life. To see him terrified of him.

        "It won't happen again." Elias's eyes stayed glued to the floor while his hands stayed behind his back.

        His father grabbed Elias's face and pulled him close to him. "It better fucking not." He threw him a little and walked out of the room. All Acciardi could think of was he smelled like alcohol and shit. He had been drinking again. Acciardi looked over at the door and saw his mother looking right at him. She turned away, going back to the laundry she was sorting. He watched her for a couple seconds before seeing his father go over to her and slap her ass while rubbing her lower back. She didn't even react. Elias looked away suddenly feeling ill. His stomach turned. But he couldn't do anything about it. His mother would brush it off and say, 'It's ok, honey.' Smile, then go back to what she was doing humming a song to herself.

Elias decided he needed to get his mind off of things. Before he did something he was going to regret. Maybe seeing Ivy and Nariah would be a good thing.

-

        From a far Elias watched as Ivy and Nariah bumped shoulders back and forth. It was quite cute in a way. He wanted something like that but Elias doesn't think anyone would want him in any way. Especially since he was known for the Hunger Games now.