Chapter One

"Lucy-Gray, where are you?"

Coriolanus awoke suddenly, defeated at the nightmare that he had just experienced.

Breathing heavily, Coriolanus grabbed the glass of water on the bedside stand beside him and gulped a few sips down before rustling his hands through his hair.

It had been exactly fourteen days since Coriolanus had got on the train and left District 12 forever. It has been exactly fourteen days since Coriolanus said goodbye forever to Lucy-Gray.

Except, he hadn't said goodbye. Lucy-Gray had haunted his dreams every night since his return to the Capitol. He would never admit this to anyone, not even Tigris - but he missed Lucy-Gray immensely.

She was a free spirit, and nobody could control her. Even if Coriolanus believed that he could.

Sighing in defeat, Coriolanus decided to go back to bed in order to be ready for his first day of studying under Dr Gaul. She scared him, and he did not want to cross the bad side of her, especially after what happened to Clemensia.

- - -
Coriolanus suddenly awoke, once again, to his Grandma'am singing the Capitol anthem.

"Fuck sake. Am I ever going to wake peacefully?" Coriolanus muttered under his breath to himself.

He respected the Capitol and was grateful he was Capitol born, but sometimes he wished his Grandm'am would do more than just talk about how much she loves the Capitol.

Nevertheless, Coriolanus jumped out of bed and showered up, before putting on his University uniform.

The Plinths' had blessed the Snow household, and had offered to pay for their rent, as well as any extra funding the Snow's needed. They saw Coriolanus as their own son, especially after their own son passing. Therefore, the Snow's were able to enjoy basking in wealth, once again and fine dining.

"Are you excited?" Tigris asked Coriolanus, as she poured him a glass of juice.

"I'm excited to bring more to the Games" Coriolanus admitted, as he took a bite of his bacon sandwich.

He was trying not to think of Lucy-Gray, and he just wanted to forget what he thought he knew about her. She would never be his, and that's all he needed to remember.

Tigris looked at him with sympathetic eyes, for the Coryo she knew was no longer.

"Would you be a mentor again? After Lucy-Gray?" Tigris said, as she helped herself to a serving of eggs.

Tigris knew what she was doing. Tigris knew that Coriolanus had a soft-spot, a weak-spot even for Lucy-Gray. If she pushed at it enough, he would open up. As opening up was something he had not done since returning from District 12.

Nonetheless, her question had Coriolanus freeze on the spot. He had thought and heard her name in his head, but nobody had mentioned her name out loud. Her name sent chills down his spine, and he cleared his throat before replying.

"No - I think any Capitol students mentoring is a bad idea."

"I don't think so - I feel as if people connected more to them. You mentors brought them to life and to our screens. You showed us who Lucy-Gray Baird truly was."

"She was a performer and nothing more"

"What? How can you say that? You were rooting for her. You brought her food when she was trapped in that zoo cage. She saved you when the rebel bombing happened."  Tigris was shocked at how heartless her Cousin had become.

"Tigris. You know nothing" Coriolanus whispered, as he closed his eyes reminiscing on who Lucy-Gray was before she ran from him.

"Coryo. What happened in District 12? Tell me. Tell me what happened with Lucy-Gray?" Tigris questioned.

"Lucy-Gray? We hardly knew her"

- - -
Authors' Note:

Hi! A quick disclaimer: I absolutely loved bosas and I needed more. So I decided to continue the story - I am not Suzanne Collins and there will be bits / points that I miss out, so please excuse me if I do.

Not sure if this is any good - but I needed Coryo and Lucy content🫶