Chapter Two

"You're as pure as the driven snow..."

This very line was playing on repeat in Coriolanus' head, like a broken ballad playing on repeat. Did she truly mean this about him? Nonetheless, it didn't matter anymore. Coriolanus was back where he belonged and Lucy-Gray was hidden away, just as she was always meant to be. Hidden from the world.

"Capitol Students!" Dr Gaul's voice boomed through the hall, bringing Coriolanus back to reality. He shook his head softly, and rubbed his eye - almost as if he was getting rid of the vision of Lucy-Gray.

"Tomorrow morning, I expect an essay from each and every one of you about what we can bring to the eleventh Hunger Games." Dr Gaul continued. 

"We've only just done the tenth Hunger Games" Lysistrata leaned over and whispered in Coriolanus' ears.

"Must be desperate to move on" Coriolanus replied. Ironic, especially coming from Coriolanus - seeing as he was also in a desperate attempt to move on from Lucy-Gray and the recent Hunger Games.

Dr Gaul must have realised what the Capitol Students were thinking, as she answered their questions without further hesitation.

"We must start planning the next games immediately. After all, a new arena is needed. The next games must be a spectacle, enough to forget the recent games. After all, they have been erased." Dr Gaul chuckled.

Hundreds of thoughts entered Coriolanus' head. Would she mention his cheating? Would she ask him questions of Lucy-Gray? Surely not, after all - Dr Gaul wanted her to be forgotten as much as Coriolanus did. 

"Disperse! Go! I want these essays tomorrow!"

Immediately, the hall echoed with the sound of students gathering their items and leaving. Dr Gaul stayed behind, and began to sort out her items on the desk.

Coriolanus also stayed behind.

He stayed behind until the hall was empty, before pulling out a piece of paper from his inner pocket. 

The 11th Hunger Games:

1. Betting, sponsorships and gifts to continue.

2. The creation of a 'Victors Village'.

3. The whole district receives a food parcel as a reward for their tribute winning.

4. No more student mentors.

5. A Tribute tour to be arranged, so they can bask in their glory.

These were ideas that Coriolanus had thought about on his train home from District 12. He believed deeply that the tributes needed a reason to fight, or else they would not care to put on a spectacle. Coriolanus was partly the reason as to why the 10th Hunger Games became interesting, and he wanted to make sure he became the reason as to why the Hunger Games continued, and why they will never stop.

"I have a list for you - I would like you to consider these ideas. Please." Coriolanus said, as he passed along his piece of paper to Dr Gaul.

She snatched the paper from his hand, skimming the words on the paper before having the biggest smirk appear on her face.

"Now this. This is the reason why I saw potential in you. This is the reason you will be working on the next Hunger Games with me." Dr Gaul beamed, as she pocketed his paper.

"Thank you. I just want the Games to continue being successful, after all, they are needed to remind us why we cannot let the rebels win again."

"Mr Snow, did you see Lucy-Gray in District 12?" Dr Gaul asked with curiosity tweaking at her tone.

Coriolanus nodded in response.

"And?" Dr Gaul uttered, waiting for him to expand.

"She taught me that district citizens are not who I thought they were. There's a reason why I belong in the Capitol, and her back in 12." Coriolanus said, blinking much more than usual.

"Mr Snow, we caught her attempting to flee to District 13."