Prologue

"Ally!" shouted a familiar voice. I couldn't see anything, the surroundings were extremely dark. I can't discern any form of light, and he keeps calling me repeatedly.

"Where are you?"

His voice was getting weaker, then stronger. I struggled as I searched for where the voice was coming from

"Run! Run now!"

Where should I run? My chest is slowly hurting, and I can hardly breathe. I'm gradually weakening, and I'm about to collapse from where I'm standing.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place.

The room welcomed me with the gentle scent of fresh flowers, their aroma hanging in the air like a delicate embrace, offering an odd contrast to the mystery surrounding me.

The walls wear a worn yet comforting dirty white hue, complemented by curtains in a gentle blend of brown and cream, creating a harmonious palette that resonates throughout the space.

"Where am I?" I glance around the room.

I'm dressed in a hospital gown with a device affixed to one hand. My legs feel unresponsive, as if they're numb. The room is well-equipped, featuring a TV and a spacious sofa.

"You're awake!" A woman, elegantly poised, burst into the room. Her eyes lit up with relief, but beneath the joy, there was a hint of concern that lingered in the corners of her gaze.

Her small, slanted eyes, a moderately straight nose, and rosy lips complemented her oval face. Her height suited her slender frame. Adding to her charm was her fair and smooth skin and jet-black flowing hair. A black coat suited her, and underneath it was a white dress.

Who is this woman? I furrowed my brow,

Does she know me? "W-who are you?" I asked.

She hugged me immediately. I didn't know what to feel because I was still confused.

I could only hear each of her sobs.

"I'm glad you're awake, you've been unconscious for days." She said.

Unconscious? What happened? Where am I?

And who is this woman?

"Forgive me.. I neglected you," She said. Crying.

Even though I couldn't understand what she was saying,

I remained silent, processing in my mind what was really happening.

''W-who are y-you?" I asked with a stutter.

"Lara, don't you remember anything?" she asked, confused.

"Doc!" She shouted.

I saw the concern in her as she quickly left the room. She entered again with the doctor she called, accompanied by two nurses.

After the doctor checked me, they left the room with the woman I didn't know. It seemed like they were having a serious conversation.

Confusion clouded my thoughts as I awoke in this unfamiliar place.

Questions raced through my mind, each one a puzzle piece missing from my understanding of the situation.

I don't know why I'm here and who Lara is.

Why did she call me Lara?

A throbbing headache clawed at my temples as I attempted to piece together fragments of memory. Elusive images flickered in my mind, like a half-forgotten dream slipping through my grasp. But one thing is for sure.

I am not Lara.

I am Ally.

Allyson Park.

Disclaimer!!

This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this story are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.