Chapter 15 - Protective Instincts

On the third day at the rest-house, Jervis and I noticed a black Ferrari Roma parked outside late in the night. I immediately felt a shiver of fear. Jervis turned off all the lights. He slept in the living room to keep watch, but thankfully, nothing unusual happened. When we woke up, the car was gone.

"Ally, pack up your things, let's leave this place,"
Jervis instructed. I nodded and followed his lead, unsure of our destination.

After organizing my belongings, Jervis prepared his car. By eight in the morning, we had only some bread and coffee before leaving the rest-house. I didn't ask Jervis where we were going, the important thing was to get away because something felt different.

"He found us, Ally, we need to hurry..." Fear clung to me. I could hardly sleep, feeling as though Andrew was watching us.

While there was no fear evident in Jervis's eyes, it was clear he hadn't slept much, standing guard in case something bad happened, which worried me. We left the rest-house smoothly, and I also noticed Jervis driving a bit faster. Thankfully, there weren't many vehicles passing through here.

"Sorry, Ally," Jervis said as he slowly drove the car, perhaps sensing my nervousness. I nodded and smiled, signaling that everything was okay.

"I trust you," I stated, looking him in the eyes.

"Thank you, Ally."

We endured a four-hour drive, pausing only when we happened upon places to grab some food, choosing to eat inside the car.

"Don't worry, we're nearly there," Jervis assured while arranging the food.

"It's okay, Jervis,"

Contemplating the car parked outside Jervis's rest house late at night, I realized it wasn't Andrew's car, but a hunch suggested it was almost as if someone were keeping an eye on us. Andrew is wealthy and has properties that I don't know; that luxurious car might well be his own.

As Jervis mentioned, Andrew has many connections; he'll easily find out where I am. Should I confront him? How? I'm not ready to see him. I'm still hurting. I glanced at my stomach.

Flashback...

"You're 8 weeks pregnant, what you're feeling are symptoms of your pregnancy. It's natural," the doctor explained, jotting down the vitamins I needed for a healthy pregnancy.

"Th-thank you, Doc," I said with a strained smile. I couldn't believe I was going to be a mother.

As we entered the villa, a large dark gray gate accented with gold welcomed us, automatically swinging open. The walls, also in dark gray, enclosed the surroundings. Adjacent to it, a small guard house housed security personnel.

Whose villa is this? Don't tell me, is it Jervis's? He's wealthy too?

Well, I was surprised when I found out he's Andrew's half-brother.

JVA VILLA

As I scanned the surroundings, we passed by pairs of two-story houses on both sides—five on the right and five on the left, each with a uniquely elegant design.

What are these? Neighbors' houses?

But it doesn't seem so, as each house has its own gated entrance with unit numbers displayed. They are also dark gray in color. It looks like no one lives in these houses. I see another gate with the same color as the first one we entered. I notice coconut trees around the adjacent two-story houses, but I have no idea why those trees are there.

The two-story houses, painted in a sophisticated dark gray, stand tall and regal, exhibiting a modern yet tasteful exterior design. Large windows on the first floor suggest openness to the outside world, while clean lines and minimalistic features contribute to a contemporary aesthetic. Despite their grandeur, an eerie emptiness pervades, emphasizing the absence of visible inhabitants. Each dwelling boasts a distinctive gated entrance, highlighting individuality, and unit numbers are prominently displayed, hinting at a structured community.
The surrounding coconut trees add a touch of natural beauty, casting shadows that dance upon the dark gray facades, creating an intriguing tableau for my observations.