Chapter 6 - Other Side Of Him

"Beautiful!" Anton, one of the stylists sent by Andrew.

I wore a round illusion neckline over a patterned V-neckline, with full-length mesh sleeves adorned with different glittering patterns on the ivory fabric.

I looked at myself in the mirror, and the dress perfectly complemented my slender figure.

My hair, cascading and slightly curly at the bottom, also suited the look.

"You know, Mrs. Valencia, you exude elegance reminiscent of a classic Hollywood star," Carla commented, Anton's assistant. My face turned red.

"Oh, yes! Definitely!" Ciara agreed, the makeup artist.

They were all sent by Andrew to prepare me.
I couldn't hide my nervousness, so I didn't speak much—just smiled.

"Thank you all,"
I expressed my gratitude with a smile.

Andrew had emphasized not being late, as it's something he dislikes the most. Consequently, after getting ready, I promptly had the driver pick me up to take me to the Marriott. Upon entering the main entrance, I noticed people looking at me in my peripheral vision.

"Allyson!"

I was pleasantly surprised when Andrew grabbed my hand. He looked impeccable in his Giorgio Armani suit and the attention-grabbing Jacob & Co. watch.

"Mr. Valencia!" greeted a slightly older man, accompanied by a sophisticated woman who, in my estimation, was also of mature age.

"My wife,"

Andrew introduced me to them.

"So, she must be Mrs. Allyson Park Valencia. She's stunning, no wonder, Mr. Valencia," the woman remarked, looking at me from head to toe with admiration. She gave me a beautiful smile. I nodded and returned the gesture.

"Thank you," I replied

The social gathering of business socialites went smoothly. Andrew proudly introduced me.
And pretending wasn't too difficult—I just needed to smile. It was my first experience with such gatherings, so I felt a bit out of place. Andrew stayed by my side almost constantly, perhaps to ensure I didn't feel out of place.

While it might seem sweet to others, for me, aware that it was just a façade, it meant nothing.

We didn't stay too long at that gathering, so Andrew and I decided to head home. While in the car, I noticed the occasional glances he threw my way. I felt a sense of awkwardness. It seemed a bit different. I didn't want to read too much into those looks.

"You okay?"  He asked.

Socializing is tiring, and it drains my energy.

"Ah—yes," I replied, looking out of the car window.

It's strange that he's only asking how I am now.

"What you're wearing suits you, thanks for accompanying me," he said.

"That's in the contract, right? I'm just following it," I replied. Turns out, he has this side.

He didn't respond.

Today has been exhausting and tiring..

I must have had a really good sleep, I woke up and found myself already in the bedroom.

Oh, shit. Did he carry me? How did I not feel it?

I look at the clock on the bedside table, it's already five in the morning. I remember having some drinks last night, but they weren't intoxicating. I just felt sleepy on our way home. It would be embarrassing if that's the case. I need to thank him.