Claudia

Claudia
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

"Sometimes I like looking out at the road and watching the squirrels run by, so no, it's not too bad if you don't mind not being able to watch tv about 95% of the time."
"I kind of like tv Y'know. I don't think I could do it." She said.
"Then it's a good thing you don't have to. I do have a favor to ask of you though, if you're up for it of course."
"Sure thing, what is it?"
"Can you find what room William Award is staying in?"
"Isn't that the guy who came into our dorm with that amazing pasta?"
"Yeah."
"What's he in here for?"
"Honestly, I'm not sure, but if you could find him I will do your laundry for a week."
"Does that include paying for it?"
"Don't push it, Andrea."
Andrea got up and left the room to the desk and started chatting with the person behind it. I looked out the window and down to the bench where I saw William just a couple days before to see a different couple sitting on it. They looked about middle aged, both had dark brown hair, but I couldn't gather much from sitting up on the fourth floor.
Times get boring when you have to be on a ventilator. The damn homeless guy just had to puncture my lung and now I have to wait for a donor. Is it too much to ask to just have lungs that don't have holes in them? They said I'm pretty low on the list for lungs, so it could be years before I get a pair, and then they're only good for a couple of years. I swear, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it must have been bad.
I got up from my bed and walked out of my room. I wanted to go to the cafeteria to get one of those jello cups and some coffee. I haven't had coffee in probably three years, but though times call for tough calls and if that means drinking coffee to stay awake, then so be it. I got all the way to the elevator, called it, and boarded before I got stopped by nurse Rose who ushered me back to my room. Apparently, it's dangerous for me to go off walking on my own and I, an adult, need a babysitter to bring me to the cafeteria.
I hate hospitals.