Chapter 1: A New Friend

Today was Charlie Watson's birthday. She was turning 18 years old, and she had been wanting to have a good birthday celebration with her family, especially after surviving the apocalyptic event of Unicron the Chaos Bringer rising from the Earth's core, threatening to destroy Primus, Earth, Cybertron, and the galaxy before ultimately being defeated for good by Optimus Prime, Orion Eclipse, Megatron, and especially Hivemus Prime—formerly known as Bumblebee.

It had been a year since the Earth had been miraculously saved from being destroyed, and the humans of Earth were beginning to know more of the existence of Transformers. Especially since there were news of Jasper, Nevada being destroyed and taken over by Megatron and his Decepticons a long time ago before eventually being rebuilt after the Great War ended. Charlie had been wanting to meet Hivemus Prime again, for he seemed like a nice bot.

Charlie Watson was at her house when she celebrated her 18th birthday with her family. Charlie's mother bought her a helmet for riding on her moped, while her stepfather Ron gave her a book on how to smile more, which made Charlie unhappy. After her birthday party was over, Charlie went to her bedroom to listen to some music from her dad's Walkman cassette tape with headphones and Charlie misses her dad who died a long time ago.

The next day...

Charlie Watson rode her moped over outside of her house. She wanted to go outdoors for a ride to get some fresh air when she suddenly saw the same yellow and black sports car parked near a forest. That car was the Autobot, Bumblebee now renamed Hivemus Prime, whom Charlie met the other day. Hivemus Prime was in his vehicle mode when Charlie parked her moped and decided to visit the yellow and black Autobot.

"Hello there," Charlie greeted the yellow and black sports car who is Hivemus Prime in disguise.

"Oh. Hi there. It's Charlie, isn't it?" asked Hivemus Prime.

"Yep. That's me. So, what brings you here?" Charlie inquired, her curiosity etched in the furrow of her brow.

Hivemus Prime, the towering figure before her, emitted a sound akin to contemplation. "Oh, well, I had a rough day back on the planet Cybertron where me and my kind come from," he admitted, his voice carrying the weight of distant memories.

Curiosity sparked in Charlie's eyes. "How come you had a rough day?"

A sigh, almost mechanical, escaped Hivemus Prime. "Well, I recently became a Prime because I was found worthy by the legendary Sword of Primus to become one. I got a new look, and I have been struggling with the weight of responsibility for being a Prime."

"A Prime? Can you tell me more about that?" Charlie leaned in, captivated by the unfolding narrative.

Hivemus Prime starts to explain while remaining in vehicle mode, "Well, basically, a Prime is a rank of highest distinction. It is used as the identification for the leader of the Autobots, something that is bestowed only on those that carry the Matrix of Leadership within them," he explained, his words resonating with a historical depth. "It is retroactively derived from Primus, the creator of the Transformers. But I don't carry the Matrix of Leadership; I only carry the Sword of Primus. I'm a different kind of Prime."

Charlie Watson regarded Hivemus Prime with a mix of fascination and curiosity. "You are?"

"Mmm-hmm," confirmed Hivemus Prime with a subtle nod, his optics reflecting a depth of experiences.

Charlie leaned back against the workbench, crossing her arms as she processed the information. "So...how did you travel from Cybertron to Earth? Do you use a spaceship?"

Hivemus Prime, towering yet strangely approachable, met her gaze. "Yes, sometimes. We Cybertronians also have portals that can take us to any place in the galaxy. If you're traveling on a planet, you would use a ground bridge portal to take you anywhere. If you're traveling in space, you would use a space bridge to take you to another planet. I traveled to Earth using my spaceship to explore around the planet and to have some alone time. I also came to Earth to find some new human friends."