𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

"Are you okay?" Jax asks breaking the uncomfortable silence

"Why would you care." I snap and roll my eyes.

Am I being too hard on him? Maybe.

Do I care? No.

He lost the chance to see nice and caring me a long time ago.

"Because." Is all the answer he gives me.

"Because why. You sure as hell didn't give a damn about me when you pushed me out." I mutter that last part not wanting him to hear.

Memories of that day come flooding into my mind.

Flashback, Age nine-

"Jax! Jax! Where are you, I have something to show you!" I giggled as I skipped my way over to Jax's house.

I loved going to Jax's house.

Especially when I get to see Jax and his mom.

She's amazing.

But today im especially excited because I have something to show Jax. And I know he'll be excited too once he sees.

"Where are you Jaxie?!" I turn the corner on the sidewalk and run into the already open front door.

I spot Jax immediately.

He's sitting on the couch watching one of those race shows he's always watching.

They make him happy, but this time he doesn't look happy.

No. He looks...sad.

And his face doesn't look like the Jax I know.

It looks drained and unhappy.

What happened to my Jaxie?

I run up to him and tap on his shoulder.

He looks over at me and for a second I see sadness in his eyes but it disappears just like that.

It's replaced with anger.

"What's...wrong?" I ask hesitantly.

He shoves my hand away stands up. "Nothing wrong so get out!" He yells.

But I don't move.

He doesn't mean that.

I'm his little fox.

"I said get out! No one wants you here you freak!" He yells again.

"No you don't mean that." I say as tears slide down my face.

"Yes I do. I never want to see your stupid face again. All you do if annoy me. I'd rather go hang out with my other friend's. They're way more cooler than you."

I still don't move.

"I said get out!" That's the last thing he shouts before I run out of the front door.

I drop the stuff fox that holds a sword and run back to my house as more and more tears fall.

Never will I trust him again.

He's no longer my protector and I am no longer his little fox.

End of flashback-

I snap out of the memories when a phone rings.

I look over to find Jax already staring at me. I immediately look away.

"Are you gonna answer your phone?" I snap.

He pulls over on the side of the road and takes his phone out of his back pocket.

"Hello?" He says into the phone.

It's silent for a while before he speaks again, "What do you mean Cade got attacked?!"

"Okay, okay we're on our way over." He hangs up the phone and turns the car around In which I'm sure is an illegal U turn.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Cade was stabbed and Birdie found him. She brought him into her house since her mom is working late."

"Why do we need to go back he's safe with Birdie and the other guys probably turned back." I said but soon realized how that sounded.

"Because he's like a family to me, they all are. I wouldn't just leave without making sure he was all right." He speaks never taking his eyes off the road.

A thought popped into my mind.

A thought I wish hadn't.

I was once family to him, so why did he leave me?

AUTHORS NOTE

Almost to 1,000 reads!

I feel so bad for Tempie but also Jax.

I wonder what will happen next with the two of them.

Jax's chapter next.

I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote!