New Life

3 years later (Narrator's POV)

"Okay, and can you kindly let Mr Clark know that I will be available tomorrow to discuss the interior plans? Thank you so much for your time, let him know that I will message him the place and time for tomorrow", I announced to his secretary. Finally, the exhausting day was over and I was free to go home and eat butterscotch ice cream and binge-watch my favourite show. 

"Ma'am, the representatives from Australia have arrived a day early and are requesting a meeting regarding the new product. Should I inform them that you are not available and that they should meet you in the morning?" uttered my secretary in one breath.

"First of all dear breathe and no, tell them that I'm ready to meet right now", I smiled and stood up, preparing to go to one of the numerous meeting rooms."On it ma'am', Samantha said and left the room.

Twenty minutes later I faced the Australian representatives even though I was bone-tired and could hear my comfy bed calling me from my imagination. I solved their problems with the product and headed home had a quick dinner and was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Next Morning (Narrator's POV)

I could vaguely hear my phone ringing but could not persuade myself to get up. Finally, I forced myself into the land of the living, cracked open one eye and then the other and grabbed my phone. The caller ID showed my father's face. I picked up the phone."Hi Dad, how are you, It's so good to hear your voice", I tried to flatter him but to no avail."Don't you try to butter me up, young lady", he replied. Ugh.....It's not like I don't love my dad, it's just he has been bugging me about coming back to India for the last six months. 

"Okay so listen, I've made up my mind and yes I'm coming back to India the day after today", I informed him hoping this news would cheer him up and it did. "That's great gumdrop", his voice was laced with excitement which I loved. " I have an important entrepreneurship conference today which I need to attend and after that, I'll pack my things and come home straight back to you", I told him excitedly." Okay Meri Jaan and don't forget, you ma is waiting with your favourite milk cake", he said."Ugh...That makes me want to come right now", I said my mouth watering with the memories of my ma's delectable milk cakes which she used to make every weekend."I'll be sure to leave some for you", he said with a laugh."You better", I used my best threatening voice but failed miserably." Okay bye aur apana dhyaan rakhana", he added. "Bye", I sighed and cut the call. I missed my family every single day but I was returning, a thought that cheered me up for the whole day.

Finally, the day of the entrepreneurship conference had come and I was geared up to pitch my product and ideas and get my company some more exposure. I heard my car honking as soon as I finished getting ready. While I was walking through the foyer of my mansion, my secretary came running towards me skidding to a halt in front of me.

"Woah....What's the matter Samantha", I asked."Ma'am everything is fantastic, but I just heard from one of the conference managers that the man who organized this event is going to be there", she finished. My mind had just gone blank, I mean how could it not? "Wait....What you mean to say is that the mastermind and genius man is going to be there", I squeaked."Yes ma'am, isn't it one of the most amazing things to happen", she happily said. But I stopped and my heart dropped."Oh my god...The great architect and businessman Dulquer Salmaan is coming, what if he doesn't like my idea, what will happen then...oh no", I breathed out."Please calm down ma'am, your idea is unique and different and one thing I know for sure is that he will love your idea", she said fiercely."Thank you, Samantha, for your such a life-saver", I thanked her."It's one of my many traits", she added."I think it's time for us to leave", I noted.

At the conference (Narrator's POV)

I looked at the magnificent building in front of me and many other cars piling and mentally readied myself for a long and brutal five hours. After having the driver park my car in the basement level I walked towards the elevator and pressed the button to call it, after about five seconds I entered the elevator and quickly adjusted my hair and smoothed a hand over my pencil skirt, "I was born ready", I thought.