{6}

"So this is where the ball will happen, huh."

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Itachi had arrived at the hall. It was filled with millionares and CEOs, and was a great time to make connections that would benefit the companies. The ballroom was stunningly decorated, and on the high ceiling hung a diamond chandelier that cast delicate lights to dance around the room. The guests enjoyed tall glasses of wine and chatted merrily with each other.

Except for the fact that they did not recognise each other. 

"Ugh, Sasuke, can you help me put on this mask?" Naruto grunted as he struggled to put the masquerade mask on. 

"Okay, just stand still."

The group put on their masks and went to enjoy the ball. Not far from them, Hinata and Neji stood near a table, masks on. Hinata caught sight of the blondie and her breath hitched. 

"We can leave now, if you want,"Neji said, senseing her discomfort.

"No. Its fine. We just have to avoid talking to him."

~Back to Itachi and friends :D

"Hey, is it fine if I play that piano?" Naruto pointed to the sleek, black piano at the corner of the hall. 

Sakura was intruiged. Naruto hadn't told them that he played a musical instrument in high school. "You play the piano?"

Sasuke smirked,"Yeah. Him and I took lessons when we were younger. I dropped out after a year, but he was persistent, so he countined."

"I dropped it after middle school ended, though," Naruto chuckled, scratching the back of his head."

"Do you particapate in competitions?" Sakura asked, interested in the fact that the rowdy Naruto used to play the piano. 

"Uh, I used to. But only as an accompanist. There used to be a girl, who played the violin. I was her accompanist. But after she moved, when I was ten, I just played 'cuz I liked it. I don't even remember her name,"Naruto said, sadly.

Sasuke choked on his drink. "Sasuke?" Sakura asked, alarmed. 

"Nothing, nothing."

"I think it is free for playing, Naruto," Itachi said. Naruto acknowledged with a slight nod, and headed to the piano. He lifted the fall board and sat on the bench. 

He didn't need sheet music for this song. He already had it memorised. 

Once his fingers hit the white keys, all the attention was on him. Naruto closed his eyes as his fingers flew along the keys, a soft melody drifted from the instrument. A piece so melodious and unique, not everyone knew what it was. 

But Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata and Neji did. 

This was the song that played at their high school dance. 

A little something about myself: I used to be a piano gurlie too ;) but after about 5 years I quit, because it was a little traumatic. hehe. i am looking to start violin classes.

Any instrumets y'all play? Wanna duet? jkjk