{9}

Naruto turned to Sasuke. "Why can't I go?"

"Naruto, you-" Just as Sasuke started, Naruto had already left, walking towards to exit of the ballroom, only to bump into Sakura.

"Where is she, Sakura-san?"

Sakura tilted her head innocently. "Huh? I think she left already." She was right. Hinata had already left with Neji.

Naruto was left speechless. Itachi joined them.

"It's about time we return now. We will leave France tomorrow morning."

Naruto never got to speak to Hinata.

~~~

"How was the trip?" Karin asked as Naruto reached the office.

"It went well...I guess....," Naruto said with a distant look in his eyes. The image of the long blue-haired lady running from the ballroom with tears in her eyes was imprinted in his mind.

And he just stood there, helpless. He didn't know who she was, what he had done to hurt her. Even though it wasn't his fault, his heart was as heavy as a rock.

"Naruto-kun, do you remember me?" Those dreaded words echoed in his head. There had to be something that his family and friends were hiding from him. About this mysterious lady. Sakura and Sasuke seemed to know her, too.

"It's good to hear that. Sasuke-san asked me to tell you about his and Haruno-san's engagement," Karin whispered excitedly and left the office, snapping Naruto out of his reverie of thoughts. "Its in a few weeks!" She called.

Naruto stacked some papers against the table and set them down gently. His best friend and his pretty fiancée flashed in front of his mind. He really wanted to support Sasuke on one of the most important days of his life.

Of course he'd go. Anything to cheer him up. 

hi.