CHAPTER 2:

The sensation felt continuous until Ivy finally came to a halt.

She collapsed, landing on her back with a forceful blow to her skull hitting against the floor. She laid in that spot for a few minutes, maybe even hours, as her mind began pacing.

A knot formed in her throat, where it felt hoarse and dry and her mouth became dry, both evidently aching for a sip of water. She swallowed down that lump.

Her face felt wilted and she could feel faint streaks of wetness here and there due to her endless crying.

Her lips felt painful. She licked her lips. Ouch. It was sore.

Her body was throbbing in pain, begging for her to get rid of this agony.

She inhaled deeply and then compelled her limbs to move.

One by one, her limbs began listening to her as she leaned against a tree for support. She remained in need of something to grasp onto until she stood correctly, one foot over the other, and leaned her hand against the rough trunk. She observed her surroundings. Where am I? Or really, what time period was she in?

Breathing heavily, she noticed that she was in a forest. Am I still in the forbidden forest? Where's the time turner? 

Ivy glanced around the area where she had landed and saw purple, sparkling streaks in various spots of the ground. The time turner had broken. Fuck. I guess there's no way of getting back home. As if there were anything back there left to refer to as home.

Gritting her teeth in pain, she began moving. She needed a place to stay until she knew what exactly the fuck was going on or wher-when she was.

The commotion of people as she started to go along the pathway made her realise that she was in London.

Not wanting to gain any attention, Ivy casted herself in a disillusionment charm, hoping that it would actually keep her invisible as she was feeling somewhat weak. 

Walking faster now, she decided that she would go to the Leaky Cauldron and stay in an inn.

Nodding at the thought, she noticed that her charm was wearing off. Quickly, she hid in a tunnel nearby and decided that she would apparate instead of walking and as she took a breath, hoping that she wouldn't splinch herself, she apparated with a single pop

*

As she went through Charing Cross Road, she saw the sign, highlighting that she had reached her destination.

Ivy pushed open the door and walked into the tavern, nearly letting out a cry when she saw Tom, the barman. 

He had a youthful appearance. I wonder how far I have travelled. He, too, seemed to be suppressing a gasp. For whatever reason, she didn't know until she noticed that he was observing her appearance, his eyes darting up and down rapidly. 

What's wrong with my appear- Oh, she thought as she glanced down at herself. 

Blood, grime, dirt, and some other substances were on her. Well, shit. She cleared her throat. Twice. She appeared to get his attention the second time.

With a smile that seemed more like a grimace, she asked, "Is there a, um, spare room I can stay in for a few days?"

Tom blinked and cleared his throat, replying wearily, "Y-Yes, room 12, on the first floor."

He then proceeded to retrieve the keys from the handle behind him. While handing the keys to Ivy, he spoke gently, too gently, as if she were a delicate china doll. "Are you okay? Are you in any harm at all?"