CHAPTER 10:

Today was the Halloween ball.

Ivy observed her appearance in the mirror.

Her physique was accentuated by the tight strapless black corset dress, which fitted her like second skin, where she felt as though she was unable to breathe, her two bosoms bulging out. It was held firmly in place by a lace at the front and was covered in embroidered lace patterns with sprinkles of glitter, littered here and there, which gleamed brightly in the light. Her long, flowing chiffon gown resembled a worn feather, with a long slit running down her left leg, exposing her delicate pale skin, which was littered with faint scars. 

A choker made of black lace, adorned with gemstones and embroidered patterns, hung around her neck and fell down to the centre of her chest. 

Long, lacy, transparent black gloves encircled her arms, and she was grateful for them because, even though it was hidden, they covered that scar. 

She had worn black heels, which gave her a few more heights than she already was, making her feel somewhat intimidating. 

Two large, black, feathered wings that were attached to her shoulder blades, dangled from her back, almost reaching the ground. They were soft to the touch and were bewitched to move as they stretched out before curling back into their original posture.

Agnes had artfully arranged her dark brown hair in slight waves, which cascaded down to her back. 

Her makeup was done by Beatrice, who had made her eyebrows dark and applied smoky, dark eyeshadow with hints of crimson under her eyes and over her eyelids to make her grey orbs stand out. She had applied artificial lashes and black eyeliner with a winged tip along with faint lines of red, which were drawn beneath her eyes like veins. 

Ivy herself had chosen to coat her lips in dark, rich crimson with a hint of gloss to give her plump lips a juicy effect. 

Overall, she was surprised to see that her makeup had corresponded with her pale complexion, giving her a rather gothic look.

Grabbing her wand, Ivy secured it around her bare leg, making sure it remained hidden in case she needed it and making it easy to get a hold of. She then checked around her wrist for Hermione's beaded bag, which she transfigured into a bracelet. When she noticed that it stayed in its original location, she exhaled with relief. She needed that bag for her plan.

Nodding to herself, she reached for her dark linen cloak and shrouded herself in it, pulling up the hood.

The door opened, and Agnes entered, her head adorned with a golden headband embroidered with blue jewels. Her red hair was gone and was replaced with black short hair instead, some of which was in braids.

 She wore wide eyeliner with winged tips and blue makeup that complemented her brown-coloured eyes. There were tiny gemstones and glitter around her eyes and bare shoulders. Her lips were coated in a natural gloss pink and adorned on her ears were round earrings in shades of cobalt blue and gold. The wide necklace that hung past her shoulders was the same hue. 

She wore a tight, white dress that enhanced her figure, with the bottom of her dress being half blue, which connected with her blue cloak. A golden waist band was wrapped around and clasped around her wrists were golden bangles, and tight bandages that were wrapped around her arms to give her the appearance of a mummy.

"Ivy were—OH MY GODRIC!" Agnes squealed and put a palm over her mouth. She ran and grabbed Ivy by the arms. "You look absolutely beautiful— scary but beautiful!"

Ivy blushed. "Ah, thank you! You look beautiful yourself!"

Agnes glanced down at herself and smirked, "Really? I mean, I should be seeing as I am going as Cleopatra!" She then casted a tempus and shrieked. "Shit! We're going to be late! Come on, let's go!" She ran to the door with her hand clasped over Ivy's arm, dragging her along, who quickly grabbed her scythe before leaving.