Chapter Ten

Hazy sounds washed around my head like a stream. Trickling in and out of my consciousness as I slowly woke to find the room still shrouded in darkness. Sitting up I witnessed the fragmented pieces of what had been a nightmare start surfacing from my fuzzy memory. I rubbed my eyes and sighed as I looked to my left. It was dark but I could see the shape of another body lying there.

I sat up and pushed the covers off gently, attempting not to wake him as I stood up and tiptoed to the door. I hadn't made it two steps before I was stopped.

"Where are you going?"

I sighed quietly. Great, more interaction with this dickhead.

"I'm just getting some water sir, apologies for waking you."

He went quiet. I took it as que to keep walking and took a few more steps.

"You don't know where the kitchen is?"

I glanced back but was unable to see him in the dark.

"I'm... im sure I can find it on my own."

Frustration built inside me at his insistence on keeping this conversation.

"Stop being an idiot I'm coming with you."

I stopped and turned to fully face him as he too got out of the lavish bed and walked over to me, stretching and yawning as he did.

"I'm sure I would've been fine."

I spoke through clenched teeth, irked at his clear excuse to just keep bothering me.

"Well now you can be certain seeing as I actually know where it is."

He walked ahead of me but I stayed rooted to the spot.

"Well what if I just wanted a few moments alone to think??"

My sleep filled eyes were slowly adjusting to the dark and I could almost make out his facial features as he turned towards me.

"Too bad I guess."

I wanted to punch him. I wanted to kick this irksome little wretch into the ground till I no longer had to deal with him. But unfortunately I would probably be dead before I got that far.

"God you are fucking exasperating?!?"

I stomped past him and left the room, waiting for his slow steps to trail out after me. He gave me a singular glance when he stepped outside, but then he went silent and started walking in a random direction. I followed him and after awhile a dim light began to fill the hallways. Soft at first but strengthening as the lit kitchen can into view. It was covered in pure white marble everywhere, the counters and island were beautifully coloured with a white base and black utensils. It was quite pretty.

"You could get some water from the tsp there, the glasses are in that cupboard... or you get a bottle from the fridge, oh and there's an ice dispenser there."

He spoke with fatigue, or boredom. I couldn't quite tell. But I refused to look at him, I at-least deserved not having to look at this god sent man that left me high and dry.

"Thanks."

I went to the cupboard and reached up to get a glass. It was only mugs and wine glasses on the bottom shelf, but I would much rather a glass. I was about to just climb onto the counter and stand on my knees to get it when I felt a presence behind me.

"Would you like me to get that."

Warm, tingles travelling down my spine as he spoke. I suddenly hated him with every fibre in my being. I needed him away from me. I was going to yell at him. Tell him to get away from me.