V|- moments

Loki's pov-

Its been at least 1000 times that i've been trying. What am i meant to do? Sylvie keeps hitting me with the "you'll have to kill me if you don't want me to kill him" and all of my friends are waiting for me outside of that timeline.

Right now i'm looking at the grey sky's, with heavy drops of rain coming down, outside ob's workshop on the same bench Ive sat on every time i think about giving up. Thankfully noones around, thats specifically why i have chosen this place.

When suddenly, i see this man in the pouring rain, without a raincoat. I cant tell who it is, but he looks familiar through the blur of the raindrops. He turns around.

Its mobius.

Surely he'll recognise me, right? I mean..we've met in this timeline before.

He starts walking over to me, i look down, pretending i never saw him.

"Hey, uh..Loki! Nice patch o' shelter you've got here. Mind if i join you magic man?"
"Oh yeah, sure."

He sits down next to me

"What are you doing out here in the rain? Without a raincoat? Is everything okay?"
I ask, concerned

"Oh yeah, i was out and it just started pouring and i was on my way home."
"So..you already know i can travel through time, right?"
"Yeah, i do, with that mem pad or whatever. Can you magic me a raincoat with that?" He says, and chuckles jokingly
"Well..i can actually. But not with the 'mem' pad"

I bring my hands out in-front of me, to show off my bright green powers, and start to work my magic. Well, actually i'm doing nothing. I could give him a raincoat by just thinking about it, but this looks cooler

I slowly make a glowing green raincoat appear around him. Seconds later, it stops glowing and fades to a pale green colour

He sits there, shocked

"I-i..wow. Thats awesome. What a show, too"
Did he know i was trying to show off?

"I could walk you home if you like. I have nothing to do really."

"Wow, your much more than a magic man, maybe mentally too. And sure, i would love that, it's this way"

He says that so boldly, with confidence, as he gets up i just sit there and admire him. He's so beautiful. I could have him in every timeline.

"You comin'?"

Quickly get up moments later i realised i was staring.

We walk together, arms touching every couple of seconds, im doing it on purpose. Just hold my hand and kiss me in the rain already.

We talk about magic, time-travel and theories about saving the world. Unfortunately, we get to his house in ten minutes. I shouldn't say unfortunately, but i was enjoying my time with him.

"Wanna come in for a drink, maybe meet the kids? Its the least i could do. Maybe buy a jet ski or two?" He says with a smile on his face.

"Yeah, sure." I say, a bit blankly. I hate it when your voice does that thing. I meant to say in enthusiastically, as mobius normally does, or in this case don, but im so nervous. He almost makes me forget that everyones gonna die if i don't do something.

He hands me a beer, and we both drink it under a roof in the garden, watching the rain pour down.

"Any cool adventures?"
"Well, yeah. Its not very cool though."
"Ooo, tell me" he says, intrigued
"Well...everyones going to..well..die. If it weren't for me, everyone would be gone. I need to timeslip- which is like time traveling but not a separate body. Its like re-doing the past almost. Im trying to stop this person that is my friend, from killing someone who's very important, and originally she kills him and i need to stop it. Ive tried so many times but every time she says "if you don't want him killed you'll have to kill me" and kills him every time.. i don't know what to do, this is a key moment and this part, i have to change. Im just stuck on how."

He sits there, shocked. Drinking more beer. His eyes widened, staring at me.

"But don't worry..if it doesn't work, the people wont die for ages, so after this whole town dies of...natural causes. So you and your family are safe" thats a lie. But, i don't want him to be scared

"I might just be a guy that sells jet ski's..but..wow. Thats a lot. Who is this person to you? Do these guys have names?"

"The person who's trying to kill him is called Sylvie. Shes a version of me from another universe and we're good friends and i don't want to hurt her. Then theres..important guy. He's called...victor. He controls the whole universe and what happens."

"Okay, well then. Maybe go back to before this killing thing happened and maybe go in with someone else, like was anyone else there?"

"Well..you were there."

"Me? Really? Oh cool, definitely go in with me then."

"The thing is, shes very passionate, shes confident, knows what she wants and doesn't take no for an answer."

"I know this might be a bizarre question..but could you take me there? With your mem pad?"

"My tempad? Yeah, i could. But its a very dangerous place, you shouldn't "

"Oh, i see. Can i see the other version of myself? Like from a not so dangerous place? Maybe us, together.."

"You know what, i needed a break from saving the world anyway."

I take out the tempad. A normal one.

"That looks different from the other one"
"Yeah, its made by the tva"

I make an orange door, and we both walk through it

Suddenly, we're in the walls of the tva. Noones around, so we have to make the most of it.

I grab his wrist and take him to the pie room. We're in the past

I walk into the pie room with him, and use my powers to make us unseen (just ignore the fact you can't use powers in the tva)

Other me and mobius walk in. It feels like we did this yesterday

"Wow..i look so..smart"

He watches us talk and quickly realises that we really were close friends

"Can we go now?"
He says. Very shortly after we just here. But i understand. Its probably hard for him.

We walk out where nobody's watching, and go back to the garden into the house.

"Are you okay, don?"
"Yeah yeah. Its kinda weird i guess. Hey, my kids'll be home soon. So, im afraid you may have to go"

Nonono, don't let this moment end.

"Oh yeah, its fine, i better get back to saving the world." Don't let me be alone

"Can i have your number?" He asks

"Number? Whats that?" I ask.

"Like, phone number?"

"Oh...right i know what you mean." I couldn't say i was from Asgard, so i said this instead.
"I don't have one, the tva...banned them..yeah. Banned them." I still have no idea what a phone number is. I know what a phone is.

"Oh, its okay. Just promise you'll come back soon, okay?"
"Yeah yeah of course. Ill be waiting for you on the bench" i wink at him.
"Yeah yeah alright. Bye then." He winks back (aa)

I time slip back to he who remains'. But this time, we're not in the building yet.

°°°

Word count- 1270