° . • : 1

note:

hey guys... ive decided to start writing a new fanfic because i completely lost motivation with the last one. i promise ill try to be more active with this one. i just didnt feel like anyone liked my last one, so i basically scrapped it. i hope the summary of this made sense lol. anyways, onto the story. ill have more notes at the end!

WARNING:
haha no warnings im joking but theres no smut, because the boys are 16 and yk. i dont rlly wanna write smut 😅😅

will never thought it would go like this. hell, will never thought this would ever happen.

it was a hot summer morning in hawkins, and the original party was having a blast. they were having fun in the river, eating amazing amounts of food, and just joking and laughing with eachother.

will thought it would be a good time to tell them. the thing thats been burning inside his chest for years. that hes gay.

will didnt think they would overreact, of course not. he didnt think they would even blink an eye. his best friends werent like that.

so, when the conversation died down and everyone was trying to find a topic, will slightly straightened his back in the god-awful camping chair he was sitting in.

"guys?" will managed, fiddling with his fingers in his lap and looking nervous as ever.

the boys looked at will questioningly, waiting for him to say whats on his mind.

"yeah?" mike squeaked, his voice breaking. was he... nervous? why was he nervous?

will swallowed and bit his lip, as he started to bounce his knee up and down.

"im... uh... im gay. yeah."

the boys continued to look at him with the same expression. will furrowed his eyebrows, wanting one of them to break the awkward silence in the air.

"cool." lucas smirked, nodding his head slightly. dustin hit him on the arm a little bit, almost if saying "dude, shut up."

"thats... good, will! thanks for telling us." dustin chirped, grabbing wills shoulders and shaking him a bit.

will felt nice. he just lifted a huge weight off of his back, and it turns out they barely even care. which, he had guessed.

but, the weirdest part, was mikes radio silence. he just stared at the ground blankly, lost in thought and concentration, fidgetting with his hands at a rapid speed. it was unusual for mike. will wanted to talk to him, ask if he was okay. but he knew that would make it worse if they were infront of the party. so he decided to save it for later.

a couple of hours later, the party decided to split up and head home for the day. mike and will were supposed to hang out at wills house together, maybe even have a sleepover.

"will, i cant go to your house today."

mike spoke up, his eyes filled with guilt. will tilted his head in confusion.

mike had never canceled out on their plans. even if he had something to do, he was always post-pone it for will. this was off.

but will didnt batt an eye.