Chapter - 4

Samuel

It's been Three weeks since me and aera returned from our honeymoon trip and she's been busy like crazy from the time being. She works in her office from 8 am to 9 pm then at home she works till 11 and goes to sleep and then repeats the same.

I'm so worried about her health. I think she has not been eating properly lately too. I finished my work at my office and it's 7 pm. I went to the Park Industries straight from the Collins Industries. I went into her office without knocking and as usual she didn't notice and kept typing in her pc.

I sighed and went behind her to see her making a presentation about her new project and the paper of the presentations were scattered here and there on her table. It has never been so messy before. Something is probably wrong with her. Her hair was in a messy bun and there were dark circles around her eyes.

Samuel : why are you overworking yourself?

I asked out of nowhere and she yelled in shock and flinched before turning around quickly and sighed.

Aera : don't scare me like that! I could've gotten a heart attack!

Samuel : no seriously. Why the hell are you overworking yourself?

Aera : I'm not overworking. It's an important deal. I have to work hard on it.

Samuel : I can help you, you know?

Aera : but I want to do it myself.

Samuel : it will affect your health, darling.

Aera : the deal is tomorrow and I need to finish it tonight and it's not too much. I'll be free in a while.

She replied while gluing her eyes again to her pc and I sighed. I cleaned her desk in the meantime and sat on the couch while staring at her as she worked. The little frown never leaving her forehead made me want to scrub it off. I sighed and opened my phone to pass the time and saw a few messages on our family group.

Messages 💌

Jin : guys, wanna hang out on the weekend? Us siblings are free!

Soobin : we siblings are ready!

Eunwoo : I'm in.

Samuel : I'll ask aera.

Suga : dude, convince her! It's your f**king responsibility.

Jin : yah! No cursing!

Suga : I put two stars in between. Why would you read it as a curse word only? Your mind is bad, my message is not.

Samuel : I'll see.

Messages End 💌

I put my phone beside me as Jin was typing for so long and everyone knew he was gonna rap even on messages. Why do they type for so long when they can just go in their rooms? I don't understand these siblings. I looked at aera to see her still working.

I checked the time and it was past 8 pm. I started playing games on my phone and looked up again after I was tired of playing and it was 9 : 17 pm already. I kept my phone in my pocket and went to aera and just as I looked in her pc, she clicked the save icon.

She waited for it to be saved and closed the application before putting her pc in her bag and packed everything before streching a bit and stood up. She looked at me and spoke.

Aera : sorry for keeping you to wait. Let's go, I'm done.

Samuel : it's fine. Let's go.

I took her bag from her and we went home and quickly slept after eating since we both were tired as hell but we are gonna repeat the same cycle tomorrow morning. What the hell? I need a break for her!