Chapter - 14

Samuel : please... Come back...

He whispers hopelessly keeping his head above her heart crying silently and then.....

....

There it was...

A slight beat of her heart made him gasp as he wished desperately for it to be more than just his imagination and there it was again.

Another beat of her heart followed by several others, barely audible but it was there as he felt her barely breathing. Her soft breaths caressed his forehead and he stood up immediately.

Samuel : d-doc.. DOCTOR! She's fucking alive! Treat her immediately!

He growls holding her hand in his as he glares at the doctors who were in disbelief looking at her heart monitor which indicated that he was indeed right.

The doctor immediately began treating her as they escorted everyone out of the room but Samuel refused to leave her side this time and the doctors let him with a sigh.

Soon after a few minutes, she was breathing slowly with the oxygen mask and several wires and drips attached to her. She looked so vulnerable that it broke his heart to see his love in this condition but at least she was alive.

He sat beside her still holding her hand gently yet firmly, thanking the almighty again and again for saving her. The others went back home as he told them that she was fine and he'll be staying and they reluctantly left, giving him alone time with her.

Samuel : please wake up..

His gaze shifts to her belly and he closes his eyes for a moment before gently keeping his hand on it, tears filled in his eyes as she softly whispers.

Samuel : please forgive daddy for not being able to protect you or mumma...

He wipes his own tears and his heart clenches as he thinks of how she will react to the news. Though he was glad she was alive and would be fine but the loss of their child wasn't any less either.

He could only imagine how devastated she'd be when conscious but he knew one thing for sure, he's never letting her anywhere alone ever again for even a second. He'd protect her no matter what.

He looked at her closed eyes and her face looking lifeless with the oxygen mask helping her breath ever so slightly that it's barely noticeable, only the beeping of machines indicate that she is, in fact, alive.

He sighs in relief closing his eyes as he leans his forehead on her hand between both of his as he mumbles softly.

Samuel : I love you so much, darling.. I love you so much..

A few tears silently drop from his eyes as he grieves the loss of his unborn child at the same time while thanking the god for saving her life. The upcoming pain of seeing his love suffering and grieving was already breaking his heart and experiencing it first Handley would crush him even more but he was determined to stay sane for her sake. He'd do anything he can to keep her happy and healthy. He has to be strong for her and he will.

Samuel : I swear on my life, area... I'll never let a single person touch even a strand of your hair with ill intentions.. ever again.. they will face the worst of worsts for even thinking about it..

He mumbles a promise to her and to himself, silently. But it was the most powerful one. The pain and heartbreaking love he was feeling was so strong that he almost felt numb but the feel of her hand in his grounded him to the reality. He sniffles and wipes his tears as he stares at her hopefully.

Samuel : please... Wake up now... It's too hard for me to see you like this..

He mumbles softly keeping his lips pressed against her knuckles as he's holding her hand in both of his.

Samuel : I Love you so much.. that it hurts.. I'm hurting, my love.. I.. need you..-

Before he could complete his sentence, he was cut off feeling a slight tremble of her fingers between his hands as her pale, dry lips quivered ever so slightly and her breathing laboured. The beeping in the machines grew louder making his heart beat faster too.

Samuel : aera...

He whispers softly seeing her react to his words unconsciously and immediately calls the doctors who check her vitals and stabilize her before they all stare at her seeing the signs of her gaining consciousness.

Samuel taps his feet on the floor nervously as he stares at her in anticipation, mentally repeating "wake up please" and "I love you so much" like a mantra.

His breath caught in his throat as she squirms slightly and her eyes flutter to open just barely but she was conscious. Even if not completely in her senses yet.

He slowly approached her bed side and looks over to her as she turns her head to his side, his breath still stuck in his throat as he stares at her.

Samuel : y-you're awake...

He whispers in disbelief and relief as he heaves a long shaky breath and the doctors too smile at them softly.

..To Be Continued..

I'm so sorry people I didn't update for so long actually I wasn't at all feeling like posting or I didn't even get any ideas or something.. my mind was literally blank for a while and I just kinda revived lol..

Honestly, I was thinking about quitting it all but I don't know out of nowhere I just opened it and then here's the latest chapter.. 🌟

And I just wanted to give y'all a mini heart attack hehe.. I ain't killing that poor girl lol..

Take care people, love you all..💜✨

Thank you so much for staying even with a wicked author like me lol hehe but seriously your support matters too much and this is more than I could ever ask for. Thank you so much people.
🩷♥️💜