Prolog - Lady Athanasia, Lady Jennete, sorry...

"Bastard...You promise to protect Jennette!!!"

A few years ago at the party, I, who was one of the apprentice magician of the black tower, suddenly bump a woman with jewel blue eyes, at that time I immediately knew that she was royal blood, but instead of finding a haughty princess, I found a kind and naive princess. At that time, I, a 16-year-old apprentice magician, was determined to protect her smile at all cost.

"Princess, please forgive my impoliteness."

"That's fine, what's your name?"

"The princess does not need to know my name. I'm just a simple-minded magician who will protect the princess in the future."

Jennette, who was just about to be introduced to His Majesty Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia, smiled and said, "Thank you sir magician, I hope you can protect this kingdom too, not just me."

In the distance, a man called out to her. "Jennette, come quickly, his majesty is waiting."

"Yes, uncle. I'll be right there."

Jennette walked to the man she called uncle. Suddenly, my shoulder was tapped. When I looked back, it was Ijekiel Alpheus, that is, His Highness the young Duke Alpheus.

I bowed and said, "Your Highness, Duke Alpheus."

Ijekiel looked at me and said, "Don't you dare go near my Jennette."

"Forgive my impoliteness, your highness."

"Very well, don't you dare to get close to her, if I see you near my Jennette again, i will make your life a living hell."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Then Ijekiel Alpheus walked away.

That was close, I'd rather not get involved with their nobles. As I was leisurely walking, I was suddenly called out by a nobleman.

"Are you Ryan?, the young magician from black tower that researching about mana."

"Excuse me sir, who are you?"

"Oh how impolite of me, I'm Viscount Patterson, I'm interested in your research regarding..."

Mr. Viscount leaned closer to my ear and continued his words.

"Your research on Black magic and dark mana."

I was shocked, there was a nobleman who knew the subject of my secretive research.

"How did you know?"

"Even a Viscount has some connections."

"Well, what do you want?"

"I'm actually also researching it as a hobby."

"Really, so what?"

"I know you still want to continue that research, young magician."

I paused, because dark magic is one of the taboo things, so there is rarely any research on it, the kingdom was afraid and stopped me from continuing the research, without support, I reluctantly had to end it and hidden it from the world.

"If you are interested, meet me after this. Goodbye, young magician."

I met him and agree to work for him. After a few months of working together, To Make a Long Story Short, I was given the task of being Mr. Patterson's right-hand man. Once trusted, I was given the task of making His Highness Claude addicted to Jennette's presence so that the princess would have a safe place in this bloody kingdom. After succeeding, there was something out of the initial plans.

"Lord Viscount, we almost killed Miss Jennette, and now we're Just stay still as the emperor kill Miss Athanasia, what about the initial plan?"

"That won't work, you want to protect Miss Jennette right?, follow my orders then."

"Tch... Yes sir, I will follow your orders, but please make sure that Miss Jennette have a strong foothold in the kingdom."

"Of course, young magician."

A few months later. Claude de Alger Obelia was declared dead, murdered by Viscount Patterson, or you could say Anastacius de Alger Obelia, or his own brother.

Disclaimer: All characters and the main storyline, including timelines and events, are not original creations but rather an expression of my hobby in crafting fan fiction. The world and characters belong to their respective creators, and this narrative is a creative reinterpretation for enjoyment and storytelling purposes.