Chapter 8: The Sweet Escape

"ahjussi!!!"

Athanasia could only see Lucas' soulless body. No matter how loud she cried, Lucas did not wake up. Perhaps from that moment on, Athanasia was no longer the same.

A few days later, I met Athanasia on her way to school. She had lost her beautiful smile again. I watched her from afar for several years.

Lucas, by meddling in the affairs of the world that is not your time and place, you will make things worse. I've done that before and ended up destroying an empire in one night, even though it wasn't me who directly destroyed it.

After I observed her for several years until she was 20 years old, I decided it was time to give her memories back. As time went on, Athanasia became more and more absorbed in her sweet escape, which was sleeping pills.

I went to her workplace and accidentally dropped a book titled "Lovely Princess" published by CarroToon near her desk. I immediately moved away from the scene.

Athanasia came and picked up the book, at first she seemed to want to throw the book away, but eventually she tried to open the book after seeing that it was published by CarroToon.

After I gave her the book, Athanasia was still taking sleeping pills with increasing doses every month. This was probably due to the accumulated stress and financial ruin.

Athanasia's situation here with Athanasia De Alger Obelia was exactly the same, abandoned by her mother at birth, soon abandoned by her father as well. She was moved to another residence far away from her main residence while everyone close to her took her property secretly, until finally when she realised it was too late. She was slowly devoured by the monster called 'Loneliness'.

One night after taking an insane dose of sleeping pills, she overdosed. I used the 'AnimaTransference' magic to transfer her soul again.

The third life of Athanasia began.

I also returned to the Obelia Empire to oversee the lives of Athanasia, Jeanette, and Ijakiel, without interfering in any way.

I returned but a few years before Athanasia was born. In Siodonna, a province near the Obelian Empire. I was enjoying the party that was being organised. Of course, my goal here was to meet that woman to ask her something.

While walking around at the party, I met that woman, the fairy.

"Miss, if you were given the power to watch over your loved one after death, even though you know that if something happens to your loved one, you can't physically help them and can only watch their suffering, would you still take that power?"

"Sir, sorry, who are you?"

"I'm nobody, but I'll give you a little gift, but before that I apologise to you, because this gift is a blessing and a sadness at the same time."

"What?"

I used the Temporal Memoria Nexus, a basic magic smaller than the Grand Memoria Nexus, which could only temporally display memories to the target. I used it on that woman to show her daughter's life in the life before now. I gave her the memories of me and Lucas in Atahansia's second life or when we were in Korea.

"What is this, who is that?, Why?"

"Sorry, that was my memory, related to your daughter who will be born in the future. But that was her life before coming here."

"My daughter, are you kidding me? Who are you?"

"I am acquainted with your daughter in the future, but unfortunately after this we did not meet again. Your daughter in the second life suffered a lot and she can remember her lonely life in the future."