6 : The Ghosts of Beverly Drive

ᴄʟᴀssɪꜰɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏʀᴄʜᴡᴏᴏᴅ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛs
ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟs ᴏꜰ
ᴀʟᴇssᴀɴᴅʀᴏ ʟᴇɪɢʜ ᴍɪʟᴀɴᴇsɪ
[1983 - 2008]

The general public were the worst part of the job, and everyone agreed with it. They caused more issues than anyone ever wanted to solve, especially when they stole property. Four of the team were pursuing him; Gwen, Jack, Leigh and Owen. This was simply because he had something alien, and they needed it.

Leigh had been running for a while. He and Gwen were the fastest, but it took a toll on the amount of information he could take in. Jack could have told him a thousand things through the comms, and Leigh could only partially hear him. Although, if it was important, he would have repeated it more than once.

"Owen, Leigh, Gwen. Left into the alley." Tosh guided from inside the hub. "Right. 30 metres."

"What is it?" Gwen panted. "What can you see?"

"I can't get a visual... just a signal. Definitely alien in origin. Diagonal right, towards the castle."

The speed that the boy was moving at, Leigh felt he was going to run his legs off. They had diverted from the main road, scarcely missing a passing cyclist on the way, and momentarily, he felt bad. If he could help it, he didn't want to hurt anyone. It would just slow me down.

"Jack, sharp right. 20 metres."

"Can you identify the target?" Jack called out to them, his voice far too loud.

"Still trying to get a visual. 20 seconds to contact." They didn't stop. "15 seconds."

"No heroics." Jack warned, his tone low. He was being serious. "We've got no idea what we're dealing with."

Leigh almost laughed. "Can't make any promises."

"Ten seconds."

Truthfully, Leigh found himself quite impressed that Gwen was managing to keep up with him, considering the fact that she wasn't exactly the fastest person alive. It was almost fun. Part of him wondered if he should recommend it as a training exercise; it would mean he won every time.

"Got it!" Tosh exclaimed, eventually. "Got a visual. Suspect's male, wearing a hoodie. Go Gwen!"

Jack and Owen weren't really too far behind, but Leigh and Gwen were closer. They had the best chance at gaining ground. However, they only partially knew where they were going. It wasn't so bad in Cardiff because there were only a few avenues he could take. This kid, whoever he was, would be getting an earful from Leigh when it was over and done with.

     The main issue came when they ran through the arcade. The gates for closing snapped down, and Leigh only just managed to get through, rolling on the ground like he was a secret agent to do so. However, it did lock the boys out. They were screaming to be let through, but they would take too long. It was up to him and Gwen.

Leigh didn't even make it to the train station. There were two kids skateboarding, around seventeen years of age. One of them had decided to stick their foot out to stop him in his tracks. Naturally, he fell flat on his face, and as his chest collided with the ground, it began to ache. There was no way he would be kind to them.