Chapter 6; Von Karma

As I followed Gumshoe I was quiet and nervous. Nick has said some things about Lady Von Karma that scare me, but on the other hand all my interactions with the prosecutor have been quite pleasant! Except the time she said I act like a ten year old. Suddenly, I feel my face slam into something.

"Watch where you're goin, pal. Wouldn't want ya gettin hurt!" The detective chuckles as I hold my aching nose. "anyway we're here, but be careful Mis Von Karma can be pretty scary."

"So I've heard." I watch carefully as Gumshoe places a shaking hand on the door, he must be very scared of Von Karma, I suppose that is fair, after all that whip is very frightening. Slowly I hear the door creak open as Dick takes a few deep breathes and pushes it open-

"YOU FOOLISH FOOL I KNOW YOUR OUT THERE! WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME WAIT?" Von Karma's voice rang out loudly and Gumshoe flinched.

"Sorry Si- Mam, I hope its ok but-"

"I CAN ASSURE YOU IT IS NOT OK! YOU FOOLISH FOOL!" At this point the door is wide open and Gumshoe is bowing his head, he seems to do that a lot, I attempt to hide behind his large body, but fail... miserably.

"YOU BROUGHT THE DEFENSE!? HAVE YOU BEEN TELLING THEM THINGS AGAIN?"

"No mam, I found Avery wandering around alone and said she could tag along with me to visit you." Now that I know I have been spotted I don't know what to do. I could run but then court tomorrow will be awkward. I fear if I stay I will sustain injuries from that whip. Furthermore I don't even know what we would speak about. she strikes me as someone who only speaks in trial or to give orders.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by the woman walking closer to me, her eyes burn holes in my body and I feel uncomfortable. "Scruffy, quickly tell me whatever evidence you found then leave. As for you," her gaze flickers to Gumshoe then returns to me, "Wait outside." I quickly dart out of the room and regain composure, she was so close to me, her eyes were sooo pretty- I quickly get those thought shout of my head.

"What is wrong with me!?" I yell, "This is so stupid! AND I CAN'T TELL ANYONE!" I slide down the wall onto the floor when a thought strikes me. "I suppose there is one person who I could ask" I turn y phone on and a name pops on screen 'LARRY BUTZ <3' "NO, NOT LARRY HE WOULD TELL NICK SO FUCKIN FAST" I shudder at that thought, going into the numbers of people recently called i click the last number and hold the phone to my ear.

"Hey Miles, I need help."