Chapter 2 - Songwriting

Throughout her career, Taylor has been known for her incredible and descriptive way to present her songs and how she paints the picture of what occurs in the songs so well. A true bible holding some of the most sacred lyrics in her discography is All Too Well (Ten Minute Version), a ultimately astonishing piece of art. A notable and smart way Taylor has presented herself as a songwriter was when she wrote Speak Now. The original 14 tracks were written all by her, and when it came to the re-recorded edition, Taylor removed 'If This Was A Movie', which was on the deluxe edition of the album. The Vault tracks for the Taylor's Version of the album were also all self written. During the true imperial era, which was 1989, Taylor used catchy hooks in her songwriting and clingy over the top and playful lyrics to paint a true crazy side to how the public viewed her dating life. A noticed thing through Taylor's lead singles was that Taylor talked during the songs. This is seen in 'We are never ever getting back together' when Taylor sings,"Ugh, so he calls me up, and he's like, "I still love you" and I'm like I just, I mean, this is exhausting you know like we are never getting back together like, ever" and also known in the global smashes such a "Shake If Off", "Look What You Made Me Do" and "ME!". Taylor has been recognised for her incredible songwriting ability with countless awards. Swifties have listened and learned to Taylor, creating these timeless hits in the studio from voice memos, which are shared from Taylor to fans. Fans can access these on bonus editions on albums such as the deluxe CD of 1989, including 3 voice memos. These voice memos can also be found on occasional Instagram posts and rare vinyl. The voice notes are recorded by Taylor at the time of writing a song so she does not lose her progress in the melody of a song and also so she can remember the lyrics.